Chapter 2

"That lesson was bloody awful." Draco muttered to Ron and Hermione as they left the Potions classroom together. The two friends who flanked his side agreed in unison.

The blonde let out a huff of annoyance as he recalled the way he was treated by Professor Snape. He hated it. Just because he was The Boy Who Lived. And Draco had gone through several years of being tormented by Severus Snape because of that label and his family. Enough is enough. He was going to do something about it next time.

"Even worse is you got partnered with Potter for the assignment. Lucky me got partnered with Hermione on this one. Which I'm grateful for." Ron chuckled and punched Draco in the shoulder lightly. Hermione gave him a disapproving look.

"Of course you are, Ron. Because we all know that you are terrible in Potions. And don't laugh at Draco. You never know, something good might come out of this partnership." Hermione shuffled her books around in her arm and gave Draco a pointed look.

The blonde swallowed, knowing exactly what that look meant. And he was going to try his hardest to avoid any conversation for a while with Hermione that didn't include Ron. Because he was not up for it at the moment.

"Hah, what good could come out of Potter?" The red head voice his opinion once again as the trio made their way to their next class; Transfiguration. Draco mulled over Ron's opinion and Hermione chimed in with her own say, contributing to the web of thoughts in the blonde boy's mind.

"Lots of things, perhaps. As the saying goes, 'don't judge a book by its cover', which goes for the same as people. Don't judge a person unless you know them. Doesn't that say something to you?" Draco listening quietly, keeping his mouth shut, not wanting to get in the way of what was about to go down.

"How stupid can you get, Hermione? This is Potter we are talking about. We've known him since first year and we are in sixth year now. That's six years, you do realize, that he has been a bloody, slimy, sneaky, Slytherin prat to us. You're obviously insane, Hermione." The red head laughed for a few good seconds and bent over breathily, slapping is knee before he came to a slow halt, realizing that no one else was laughing with him.

Draco watched as Hermione backed up a few paces, her eyes glimmering tearily in the light. She took a deep breath before speaking, trying to gain her composure. "Wow, Ronald. I... I didn't know you t- thought that." Hermione turned around and ran off to the next class.

Draco turned to Ron as the red head scrunched up his nose in confusion and scratched his head. "What was that about?" He questioned and Draco left the question unanswered, instead he shoved his hands in his pockets and gave a small shrug, turning away from his friend.

He heard a deep sigh from behind him and that a small laugh. Slowly, Draco began walking down the corridor after Hermione. "Women." This was a delicate situation he was in, not wanting to hurt either of his friends but desperately wanting to go after Hermione.

He turned back to Ron with a pointed look, hands still in his pockets. "No, Ron." And with that, he pivoted on his heel with grace. "You." And began his trek to Transfiguration, venturing after Hermione.

He spotted her entering the classroom with several other students and he hurried up his pace a bit. By the time he had entered the classroom, most table were filled with seated students, and McGonagall was standing in front of her desk up the front. "Ah, Mr Malfoy. Please sit next to Mr Potter. I have paired the students together and this is where you will sit for the rest of the term as we have had a little trouble with... Previous seatings."

Draco's stomach deflated and flew around in his body like an emptying balloon before settling in its right place. Sitting next to Potter? He took a gulp and looked at the green eyed boy smirking at him from across the room. It was bad enough that he was paired with Potter for an assignment in Potions, but transfiguration seating too? The odds were definitely not in his favour.

Defiantly, the blonde made his way across the room and dropped his bag to the floor, flopping into the seat beside Potter. "Nice of you to, drop by, Malfoy." Potter snarked in his usual tone. Ignoring the comment, Draco bent down and pulled out a pad of parchment and his quill and ink. Setting them on the table on his side, he turned away from Potter and looked for Hermione.

She was seated at a table in the third row next to Pansy Parkinson. Surprisingly, it looked like they were making civil conversation.

As Draco surveyed the room some more, he discovered that McGonagall has paired every Gryffindor student with a Slytherin student. What a boohoo. Satisfied with his surveying, he turned back to his parchment and grabbed his quill, dipping it in ink and lightly tapping it on the side of the bowl to remove excess ink. He was ready to take notes. Ready to be focused.

But instead of feeling focused, Draco felt awkward. Out of the he corner of his eye, he looked at Potter but couldn't see him properly, so slowly, he swivelled his head until he came face to face with Potter. Draco nearly jumped out of his seat at the closeness between them. And then he blinked and Potter was facing his own parchment, as if he hadn't been staring in the first place.

It was a good half hour into the lesson, and Draco was solely focused on taking notes on what McGonagall was saying. Because there was a test on Transfiguration in three or so weeks. And Draco wanted to be ready for it.

And so far, not once had he turned to look at Potter, which was working very well for him. Until he felt that awkward feeling again. For the next five minutes, Draco tried to concentrate on his notes and ignore the feeling. But it was working him up from the inside out.

Finally, he turned to give Potter a pointed look and hiss something at him, but was confused to find the boy already staring at him. And not just any staring. But sort of like he was entranced. It freaked Draco out a bit and he tried to turn away but found that he couldn't.

And at the moment, Potter smiled at him. Draco didn't have any other option but to cock his head and blink at the boy in front of him as if the question his motives.

"We've been sitting together for at least 40 minutes and not once have you said anything to me or even looked at me. It's nice to say hi sometimes, you know." Potter answered his silent question and Draco dropped his quill.

His silver eyes went wide as they searched Potter's green ones for an answer. To find if he was literally joking or not. In the next second, Draco blinked and Potter had turned away again, which left Draco to stare at the side of a toned face.

X

Hello, lovely people. I feel awful that I said there would most likely be an update at the end of the week which was last week but I got so busy packing because I went to Canberra and Sydney for school camp. It was hella radical and yeh. But I'm home today because I've officially finished school two weeks ago and I was supposed to go to work experience today but hey, I was a vomiting, blubbering mess yesterday so... Yeah.

Anyway, enjoy this because it the best fucking thing you will ever read and if you don't think so, you're a liar. Kidding, but seriously, enjoy. And leave comments. And votes.