Chapter 23

Harry gathered the smaller blonde in his arms in the alcove, pulling him tight to his chest as the wind howled ferociously around them. The blonde grabbed at his shoulders, his neck, his arms, anywhere he could get his hands on Harry. He smiled into the kiss as Draco pressed himself as close as he could into Harry's bigger frame.

He loved the feeling of being enveloped by Harry, and tried to get as much of it as he could. Strangely, he'd been happier in recent days than he had been in months, but he wasn't complaining, he wished he was happier more often. Being happier meant he could better appreciate Harry's company, instead of wallowing in his own misery.

And he appreciated everything Harry did for him, and for putting up with his baggage.

When their lips left each other, Draco tucked his arms behind Harry and brought them up to grip the back of his shoulders, resting his head in the crook of Harry's shoulder, his warm breath puffing onto the open spot of the older boy's neck where the scarf had been pulled away. They knew it was time for lunch, but neither were interested in eating, nor were they hungry, for the most part.

"You're so beautiful." Harry spoke into the open, and his voice reverberated through Draco's body. He knew the comment was for him, but didn't answer it, choosing to leave it open. He did, however, at least acknowledge it with a gentle rub of his fingers to one of Harry's shoulders, as he pressed his face closer into Harry's neck, soaking up the warmth.

"I'm glad to see that your happy again, it makes me happy," Harry shifted Draco in his arms so that he could look at his face. "I missed you the last few days, and I'm sorry I didn't come see you, I was caught up in a few matters." His voice was low and gravelly, and his green eyes showed affection and adoration for the blonde.

"I thought about you a lot. You hardly ever stay out of my head." Harry pressed a kiss to Draco's forehead and then one to his cheek. Draco smiled, humming to Harry's words.

The time spent holed up in his room, Harry rarely ever left Draco's thoughts. Even as he spent the nights crying himself to sleep, or the days staring out at the grey sky, Harry was constantly on his mind. If there was one thing that could make Draco feel a bit better, it was thinking about Harry. "I feel happier when I think about you." His smooth voice was soft in the loud wind, and Harry brought his head closer to hear him properly. The blonde reached up a hand to stroke Harry's cheek, feeling the slight coarseness of the short stubble growing under his fingertips.

"Good." Was all Harry said as he swept Draco in for another mouthwatering kiss. The fire was real between them, burning both of them from the inside out. Draco's hands were gripping tightly to the front of the older boy's sweater, as Harry's hands wound themselves delicately through his hair.

They broke for air, and Harry leaned against the wall - taking Draco with him - to catch his breath for a few seconds. The windy was still howling outside the alcove, and it was bone chilling. Harry wanted to move Draco to his room, and the warmth of his fireplace, but wasn't sure whether he wanted to risk venturing into the open icy air, let alone risk Draco getting sick.

Draco, however, seemed to sense his inner turmoil, and tugged on Harry's robes. "Can we go somewhere warm? It's starting to get chilly out here." His voice was eerily quiet, and soon, tremors started to rock through his body every so often.

Any hesitancy or doubts Harry had about moving Draco were immediately gone as soon as he saw the first tremor. There was no way he'd let this boy get sick. If Draco got sick, it might make him feel horridly low again, and Harry hated seeing him like that. He loved seeing the blonde's smile, the way his pretty pink lips turned up at the smallest of things, and hearing his laugh. God, it was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard.