Chapter 20

The next few days were uneventful. I ate, slept, shower, show up at school and repeated. I reached to a point in life where I couldn't give two ducks anymore. I couldn't give a crap about Asha's rude comments as we passed each other in the hallway. I couldn't give a bleep about Carmen giving me side glares in class and I definitely didn't give a flying duck about the entire student body. Since after Asha started bringing up past events again, everyone wanted to know about the beach incident.

"So I hope everyone do well in their finals." Mr. West shouted over the bustling of students who were determined on exiting the class. They really didn't care what he had to say after his class period was over. "Aren't you all a lovely bunch to work with." He said sarcastically but no one bothered to turn around. I watched as they filed out the classroom, ready to head off to lunch.

"The loveliest bunch you have ever seen." I voiced, giving him a smile and he returned it. "You really do work your hardest to make everything work out in the end, don't you?" I said, deep in thought as Mr. West shuffled through some papers.

"I want to see good marks on the finals for every kid. Including you, Lenna Adams." He handed me over my research paper he had me redo and I smiled at the B plus that was scribbled across it. I did well.

"You really find it hard to give me that A, don't you?" I shook my head, grinning and he shrugged with a wide grin of his own.

"You had tacky handwriting." He pointed out and my jaw hit the floor. "It looks like you wrote it the period before my class."

I slapped him on his arm playfully. "Well I didn't, you jerk! What does handwriting have to do with anything." He chuckled and I stuck out my chin defiantly. "I will get good grades in that finals. Just you wait and see."

"You better." He stated with a grin, casually leaning back in his chair. "Or else I'm telling Jason Adams." I rolled my eyes, smiling a little. He always teased me about ratting me out to my father. Sometimes I hated that he knew my father on such a personal level. He never actually told my father anything but it was sometimes hard to take Mr. West seriously during class after hanging out with him so many times when he came over at my house to speak with my dad. I saw him as a long time friend not a teacher. Definitely not. Then again he was only twenty two. Quite young I must say. No one took him seriously in Cayman High.

"Ugh, for a minute there I forgot how annoying you can be." I told him jokingly and he pressed a hand over his heart as if hurt. "I'm going to have lunch while you have to sit here like a loser grading papers." He laughed.

"Yeah but you also have to go home and study for my test tomorrow like a loser instead of hitting up that party on Barb street." My mouth opened and closed as I glared at him.

"I really hate you for those random test sometimes." I said and he shrugged casually, acting all high and mighty.

"Best part of being a teacher. Students act like brats, we get revenge by issuing tests."

"And they made you a teacher." I muttered under my breath, shaking my head, disapprovingly. Mr. West was as childish as a toddler. Same ol' sixteen year old Mr. West.

I turned to head for the door without saying any goodbyes. "Lenna, look out!" I screamed, jolting back. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. My eyes swept the room frantically as I clutched my chest. Laughter filled the air and I knew Mr. West did that on purpose. So childish! "Ugh!" I groaned, annoyed. "Seriously, why are you a teacher?" I said before walking off, his chuckles getting lighter with distance. What torture he was sometimes. He honestly scared the living daylights out of me.

When I entered the library as per Keeva's request, I felt a bit nervous. I had no idea how this conversation would end. I didn't know if it was for the best or the worst.