Chapter 1

I sit on my bed patiently waiting for the the clock to finally strike seven. It is taking forever. How long would I have to wait again? One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Missisi-" The long hand on the clock hits twelve and as if on cue, a car horn honk from outside.

I spring from my seat on my bed, grab my back pack and sprint out the door. As I make my way down the stairs and towards the front door, I hear mom call out to me. "Lenna! Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" 

I stop near the door and turn towards the living room. "The girls are already here. I don't have time!" I open the door and step out onto the porch. As I walk down the driveway, Ami sticks her head out. "Wanna get here before we die of old age."

With that, I quicken my pace. I open the back door and quickly sit down. Three pairs of eyes assess me. I give an awkward smile. "Hi?" They roll their eyes before facing forward again.

So here's the thing.

Keeva and Isa live like fifteen minutes away from me and their houses are in the opposite direction to mine so I don't ride with them to school. It wouldn't be right to have them drive all the way down here to pick me up then drive all the way to school after. Hence, the reason why I am currently in a car with Asha, Ami and Abi. I wouldn't say we were all best friends but we do get along okay. 

I am first friends with Asha since kindergarten. She is a slender girl with natural curly blonde hair reaching her shoulders. Her eyes are a light blue and she always wear turtle neck sweaters. She has her reasons. Her dad and my dad worked together on some partnership thing and we were introduced back then. Our friendship is fairly good. We would talk at school sometimes or have sleepovers now and then but her main friends are Abi and Ami.

Ami is...well...the difficult one out of the group. We are friends but that can subtly be called acquaintances. We rarely talk and when we do it is about a bad habit she thought I have that needs taming. Let me tell you, what needs taming is her tendency to judge others. She wants to be as closest to perfect. Dark hair with green eyes and perfectly shaped brows. Too bad no one's perfect. Anyway, we are only 'friends' because of Asha. 

Abi. Where should I start with Abi? Blonde hair with brown tips that falls just under her shoulders. Blue eyes that studies every detail with curiosity. A love for Jelly beans and a stuck up personality. 

So basically, I only ride with them because the car is owned by Asha who insist that I ride with her. I have a feeling her dad is the one behind it. So that's why I am here in a moving vehicle with two people that hates me. 

No hard feelings though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Make notes on genetics. We'll be going into that topic next class." Everyone files toward the door as Mr. West shouts orders. I don't think they care. I pack my stuff into my bag and head for the door when Mr. West stops me. 

"Bye, Lenna." A girl waves me and I wave back. She smiles brightly before exiting the classroom. I then turned to Mr. West.

"Yes, Mr. West?" I walk towards his desk as he pulls out a few papers from his overly packed folder.

"I wanted to talk to you about your research paper." I nod while looking towards the door. Dylan is here and he's waving me. I grin and fingers snap in front of me a couple times to get my attention. 

"Hey, focus. You can grin at your boyfriend all day after you leave this class." Mr. West states.

"He's not my boyfriend." I answer and he shakes his head slightly as he searches through the papers in the yellow folder.