Chapter 28

Caspien's POV

Milenna jolted upright in the bed, her eyes bouncing across the room to find me. I was leaning against the wall with my hands folded on my chest and my legs crossed at the ankles. I narrowed my eyes at her and she shifted uncomfortably. She looked a bit flustered. A light pink caressed her cheeks as her eyes tried their best to not look at me.

My eyes strayed down to her bare legs and she tugged the tangled sheets over them while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Her breathing was a bit uncontrolled.

I knew it must have been weird waking up to see someone staring at you like a creep while you slept but Milenna Adams did that to me. After our little chat last night ended with her telling me to act like there's no tomorrow, she went to sleep and I made my way outside to give her some space.

When I exited the motel's front doors, the cool breeze hit me right in the face. I tucked my hands into my jacket, blowing out a breath of air. It was still raining quite heavily outside.

I would admit, Milenna telling me to act like there's no tomorrow almost persuaded me to do just that. That one sentence made me irrational on the inside. Hearing her say those words made me want to show her what exactly I'd do to her when I acted like there's no tomorrow.

However, I wouldn't go that far. I was stupid for thinking it but I wasn't stupid enough to carry it out. I would not allow a human girl to bring shame to my name. I had a reputation to keep up.

I turned on my heels, pushing the front door open again and this time, I entered into the lobby. I was about to take the stairs when I heard a familiar voice. One that made me go still. I made my way down the hall towards the mini bar and there he was, chatting up a young blonde. Of course.

I made my way towards him with clenched jaws as I glared at the back of his head. What was he even doing here? When I neared the table, I pulled out a chair and plopped myself down into the seat to hear the last bit of his sentence. "I can tell you exactly what you're feeling right now. Excitement, curiosity, lust." He smirked at her and she giggled.

"When will you stop using The Society as a way to pick up girls?" I said casually, downing his drink in one go.

He gave me a look that had an amused smile playing on his lips. "That was my drink." He stated, his eyes a darker blue than the usual lightness. It was past seven and his jerk of an attitude was on display I was sure.

"And that was her cue to leave." I gave a pointed look to the blonde who was eyeing me seductively. I rolled my eyes. "Leave." I ordered and she eyed me.

"You can't make me." She answered and he rolled his eyes himself.

"Just shut up and leave." He told her with an edge to his voice and the girl stomped away, clearly mad at him.

"And I wonder what they see in you other than your douche of an exterior." I said, motioning for the bartender to give me a fill.

"That's something you won't ever know klodyte. You just don't have the charm."

"Don't call me that." There was an edge to my voice and he easily picked up on it. "And don't you think you're breaking the rules a little too often now. Leave the humans alone."

"Oh come on, Caspien." He drawled with a roll of his eyes. "The Society never enforced a rule saying we can't have a little fun with the humans. You can't tell me you haven't played a little game with your charge yet." I remained silent, glaring at him. "See." He grinned cheekily with a shrug.