cxxx;

i met jaemin on the way home from school.

"home?"

donghyuck pauses for a moment.

banana.

"jaemin?"

yeah. jaemin. i was in my sophomore year of high school and he was crying in an alleyway. i remember seeing him around school, but we never spoke. he was somewhat of an acquaintance. i walked up to him, and i remember holding his hand. he had asked what i was doing, but i couldn't speak, he knew that. i'm lucky jaemin is a nice person, because all i did was hold his hand and lead him
home.

taeil and johnny, they have the biggest hearts. apparently, jaemin had been abandoned. kicked out of his house, left alone with an eviction note on his front door and an empty house. his parents had left him alone, and he was only fifteen. i felt horrible, because he told me that his relationship with his parents has been bad lately, ever since he came out to them. that was heartbreaking for me to hear, and i couldn't even imagine how jaemin had felt, since his family had abandoned him over such a small thing.

nonetheless, after going through eight months of legal suits and custody battles, which taeil and johnny had easily won, since jaemin's parents had been honest when saying that they didn't want him anymore at the hearing, jaemin had been adopted too. he became my brother. we didn't bother with saying 'foster brother' or 'step brother' or anything like that. blood doesn't mean family to us.

finally, after jaemin had permanently moved in, i felt like i could breathe. we started going to school together and hanging out at school together. we met our friends, honey, panda, dumpling, and chick.

"jeno, renjun, chenle and jisung?"

yeah! you're good at this puppy.

"i'm... puppy?"

mhm. you're as cute as one. anyways though, i finally had a family who accepted me for who i was, parents who actually raised me and kept a roof above my head, a brother who i have an irreplaceable bond with and friend who stick with my no matter what.

i didn't think i could get much happier than i was in life.

but then of course, you came along.