xxxiv;

"we're home!"

a squeal could be heard from somewhere deep inside the house, and donghyuck has half the mind to turn around and walk out the door again.

but those thoughts diminish when he feels warm and strong arms wrap around his form, squeezing so tight donghyuck is sure his blood circulation gets cut off for a while.

he sighs happily, hugging the elder back just as tight.

he missed this.

he missed johnny and taeil.

he missed being with johnny and taeil with jaemin.

he missed home.

"me too!"

speaking of jaemin, said boy whines before wedging himself in between taeil and donghyuck, heart getting happier by the second.

he also missed home.

"let's have you two settle in?" taeil asks, pulling away and brushing a hand through jaemin and donghyuck's hair. "i made dinner."

nodding excitedly, both boys trickle into the house, backpacks in tow as they trek up to their bedroom.

"i missed them," taeil announces once he's sure the two of them are out of earshot.

"it is nice to have them back," johnny agrees, humming with a way too fond smile on his lips.

upstairs, while jaemin and donghyuck were unpacking on their separate beds, jaemin breaks the silence.

"are you gonna tell moon and johnny about mark?" he asks quietly, turning around to look at donghyuck for the answer.

i think they already caught on, he signs, seeming kind of relieved. but he wants to meet sunday.

today was friday.

and i said yes.

jaemin frowns a bit at that, tilting his head to the side.

"you like him, don't you?"

donghyuck knows there's more substance to the question. of course donghyuck likes mark, has liked him ever since the older boy debuted. there are a multitude of posters of mark and of his team in donghyuck's room back at the apartment near campus. but jaemin is asking if donghyuck like mark. not superstar mark lee. but the mark that he's gotten to know. lee minhyung.

donghyuck nods his head, and he feels the colour bloom onto his cheeks.

he's so sweet to me, he signs again, a bit more erratically to match the beating of his heart when he thinks about mark. i don't think he's being superficial either.

jaemin nods his head, smiling softly at donghyuck.

"well you know i'm happy for you, no matter what," jaemin assures, patting donghyuck's shoulder comfortingly. "don't get hurt hyuckie. promise."

donghyuck nods, looking down at his hands.

he hasn't told mark about him being mute yet.

so he couldn't promise jaemin he wouldn't get hurt.