lxxi;

"hey donghyuck. you look amazing."

lately mark has been greeting donghyuck with small kisses on the cheek or forehead, and today isn't any different.

before donghyuck can send his usual choice of greeting to mark, a smile, the elder's lips and pressing against his forehead. his smile brightens tenfold, which only makes the pit of guilt grow tenfold in his stomach.

mark had asked if donghyuck wanted to go watch the stars tonight, and the latter had agreed. but now, he had something to take care of first.

so he grabs mark by the hand and drags him inside of his shared apartment with jaemin, jisung and chenle, pulling him to his shared room with jaemin. jaemin seemed to have had half the mind to leave the room when he heard mark rap at the door, and donghyuck makes a mental note to thank him later.

"your side of the room is so cute," mark teases, and it's then that donghyuck realizes that mark's never seen his room. "nice to know i'm there as a constant reminder."

of course he'd get cocky about his posters hanging on the walls. donghyuck half expected it, but that doesn't make him any less disappointed.

donghyuck then pushes mark down onto his bed, seating himself down on his thighs soon after.

mark's eyebrows are furrowed, and the younger sends him a small smile before pressing their lips together.

it wasn't their first kiss, so mark is pretty quick reciprocate. but before things could escalate, donghyuck pulls away and takes a shaky breath.

mark is beyond confused.

donghyuck takes mark's face between his hands, holding him by the cheeks. he smiles once more, mark will never get tired of the view, before reaching into the pocket of his jumper and handing mark a folded note.

perplexed, the elder takes the note and raises an eyebrow at donghyuck, silently asking if he should open it now.

the nod he gets served as permission.

so he unfolds it:

i'm mute mark hyung.