Ch.1

This isn't my first time writing fanfiction, but this is my first time writing Sanders Sides...wish me luck!

"It is time for I, Prince Roman, to go off and slay the dreaded Dragon Witch and free the land from her tyranny." Roman declared, as he stepped out of his room, though no one heard him. He raced down to the kitchen to pack food for his journey.

As he walked in, he spotted Patton cooking breakfast. "Hey kiddo!" He greeted cheerfully.

"No time to talk, Padre. I have an adventure in the waiting!" Roman exclaimed as he began looking for food in the cupboards.

"You do know that you can just summon food at your will." Roman yelped as he whipped around and spotted Logan, who had been sitting st the table the whole time. "What are you doing?"

"Ah, Nerd! Thank you for reminding me! I shall set off on my quest! Wish me luck!" Roman smiled broadly and rushed out of the kitchen, before immediately bumping into Virgil.

"What the--"

"Ah," Roman smiled. He gently grabbed Virgil's hand and placed a kiss on it. Virgil sputtered and turn bright red. "A kiss farewell." Roman winked and set off for the Imagination.

"What in the world...?" Virgil muttered, still bright red.

---

Roman sighed as he entered the forest in the Imagination. He really didn't want to fight her again, but it seemed as if she would never stop terrorizing the lesser sides. He ran a hand through his hair, huffing quietly.

He shouldn't complain, he was a prince after all! Still, he couldn't help but grow tired of the constant fighting. Then again, it was either set off and fight her, or sit in his room all day trying and failing to come up with ideas.

Roman heard a rustle in the bushes, he whipped around. He summoned his sword and narrowed his eyes. "Reveal yourself!" He exclaimed boldly. Another rustle, this one behind him. He turned around again, a scowl on his face.

Suddenly, the back of his head exploded in pain. He fell to the ground, groaning. Roman felt a swift kick to the stomach, before more pain to his head. He blacked out.

---

It had been a few hours since Roman left. The sides (minus Roman) were sitting in the common room, when they all felt a familiar tug. They appeared in their respective positions.

"Hey guys!" Thomas exclaimed. He looked around, and immediately noticed Princey was missing. He rose a brow and shot a questioning look to the others. "Where's Roman?"

"He said something about a quest, before rushing off this morning." Logan recounted. "He does this all the time, there is no need to worry. Now, what seems to be the problem?"

"I don't know, I just feel...off, y'know?" Thomas sighed. "Something just feels...wrong."

"That's...quite alarming..." Logan mumbled. "Are you feeling sick?"

"No, physically, I'm fine. It's just that lately I've been really frustrated with all my work." Thomas sighed. "I was hoping you guys would know what's up?"

"Well, work related issues usually involve Roman and I, however the Prince is unable to join us." Logan told him. "I have been doing my work thoroughly, so it must involve Roman."

"What do you think is up?" Virgil asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. "And why is Roman going out and doing quests when he should be more focused on this situation?"

"Maybe he wanted to escape it?" Thomas suggested.

"I don't know, kiddo. Roman isn't the type to run away." Patton scratched his head.