(メ ̄▽ ̄)︻┳═一(28)

As Sejeong and I exit strategic sparring, I rub my ribs, certain I have a serious bruise forming. I spent the entire class holding my breath and sweating over the possibility of getting paired with Taemin, but it never happened. He shot me taunting looks whenever he could, though. The moves Sehun has been showing me definitely helped, but I still have a lot to learn. And to top off this horrible morning, Sejeong still isn't talking.

Everything feels on edge and upside down, like we're all collectively waiting for the next unexplainable horror. And now I have another dead body seared into memory, another image I won't able to erase from my mind. It's obvious everyone knows what's happened. People keep stealing glances at me and Sejeong when they think we're not looking.

I turn to Sejeong, who is walking so slowly in the direction of the library that I wonder if she's having some sort of meltdown. But she doesn't look at me, and she also doesn't push through the library door. She just walks past it at a snail's pace.

"Sejeong?" I say, walking slowly next to her, and she shushes me. 

Her eyes are alert, and she's silenced her footsteps.

We make a turn and I realize where we are - the first floor of the boys' dorm. I turn to her in shock. I want to say something to dissuade her, yet at her that this is a bad idea, but I don't dare draw attention to us.

Three doors down she lifts a handle and slips inside a room. I hesitate for a split second and she grabs my arm and pulls me inside, closing the door silently behind us.

"Damn it, Sejeong, you should have warned me," I whisper at her. "And tell me we're not where I think we are right now."

"We only have forty-five minutes before these hallways will be crowded again and before Jungkook will be headed back," she says. "We'll start in Taehyung's bedroom."

Everything inside me sinks."You don't say anything all morning and now you sneak us into Jungkook's  room?" I say with frustration. "Don't you think that's a supremely bad idea when another murder victim just appeared in front of our door? You're supposed to be the sensible twin."

Her dark eyes flash the same fire they did that night she was angry about the parlor. "I didn't warn you because you wear your thoughts on your face like a child - something we really don't need right now. And I haven't spoken all morning because I was thinking, watching, observing - maybe if you and my brother did more of these silent activities we wouldn't be in danger ever other damn day!"

I swallow.

She narrows her eyes. "And I am well aware that there was a body in front of our door this morning. Did you see a murder weapon with that body? No, you didn't. So where is it?"

"I -"

"Exactly!" she says. "It's still out there. And as far as I can tell, none of this makes any damn sense. Not Taehyung's murder, not the blood on your floor, not the guard. Yes, there have been deaths in this school before, but nothing like this. Nothing on this scale has ever happened here. So I'm going back to square one. We are very obviously missing something and I want to know what it is before one of these people succeeds in killing you."

"Sejeong -"

"I don't want to hear it. Either help me or don't. But I need to get to work." She turns around and walks away from me.

I stand in Jungkook's common room for a couple of seconds. As much as I don't want to admit it, she's right. And as much as I hate this, I can't leave her here while she's trying to help me. I huff once and follow her, nothing exactly what position the door was in so that I can put it back before we leave.