(メ ̄▽ ̄)︻┳═一(18)

Sejeong hands me my cloak as she recaps what Sehun overheard last night. "Apparently, Jungkook only just returned from the outer perimeter, so Jimin was telling Rose he's not sure Jungkook even knows about Taehyung yet," Sejeong says. "Although I'm certain he figured something was wrong when he returned to his room and Taehyung was missing."

"Outer perimeter?" I ask. "What are you talking about?"

"Kang has been known to send students to the outer perimeter as part of their punishment," Sejeong says. "The tasks vary, but it's frustrating because you miss all your lessons."

I try to keep the fear off my face that Jungkook is back. He already punched me for no reason that I can tell; I really don't want to find out what he will do if he actually believes I killed his friend. "How did Jimin know Jungkook was in the outer perimeter?" Only in a school as competitive as his would peopel be upset they missed their classes.

Sejeong shrugs. "Sehun didn't say. Maybe Jimin spotted him coming back in and assumed, or maybe he overheard Jungkook telling someone that was where he'd been. Jimin also told Rose that Kai spotted Sehun on the night of the murder. And if Rose knows that, you can pretty much assume the entire school will know by lunchtime, leaving us vulnerable to possible sabotage by the other students who might have reason to further the idea that you or Sehun was responsible."

"Greta," I sat with no enthusiasm as I slip my arms through my cloak. "Is it weird that Kai would tell Jimin about seeing Sehun? I didn't get the sense they were friends."

"They're not. But the passing of information is about strategy, not friendships." Sejeong opens the door and we make our way into the hall, cutting off our conversation.

As I walk alongside with Sejeong, I instinctively look over my shoulder for Jungkook, even thought it's unlikely he'd be in the girls' dorm. I can't help but a little bothered that Sehun didn't tell me what he heard last night; he must have come to our room this morning to tell Sejeong and not included me. I know his sister is the obvious go-to, but I wonder if he's lost a little faith in me for being so hesitant about hiding in Rose's room. And I can't really blame him. In a situation where so much is at stake, I dropped the ball.

"If you keep looking over your shoulder, the entire school is going to know you're afraid of Jungkook, which only makes you look guilty," Sejeong says under her breath as we walk through the downstairs foyer.

"If I don't look over my shoulder and Jungkook jumps on my head, I'll be squished," I mumble, trying to make light of my raging nerves.

We walk into the courtyard with the vines and stop. About seven students are already there.

"I'll come get you before poisons class," Sejeong says, and I can tell by the way her eyes dart to the side that even she is concerned about that Jungkook's return will mean.

I feel like I've been flipped into an alternate universe. Just a week ago I had nothing more on my mind than how to talk my way out of detention and the dress shopping Jisoo wanted to do for winter formal. Now my thoughts are full of murder, deception, and classes that teach me how to poison people. I've never been so homesick.

"So are you going to the dance with Myungsoo or what?" Jisoo asks as she turns her marshmallow over the fire pit on my back deck.

"Not sure, " I say, tucking in the blanket around my legs. I bit into my s'more.

"Not sure, nothing. I have no intention of babysitting you all night," Jisoo says.

"me? I'm the most social person you know," I say, and push her hand a little closer to the flame so her marshmallow browns faster.