(メ ̄▽ ̄)︻┳═一(34)

I touch my head, which pounds like I got dropped on it. I'm on the couch in my dorm room; the curtains are drawn, and the fire is big and bright the way it usually is after Sohee lights it in the early evening. But how did I get . . . All at once, the events from the afternoon flood my memory.

I jump up and rub my hands over my face to wake myself up. Sejeong. I need to help Sejeong. This is my fault. I snuck out that night. I got Sejeong involved. I stare at the fire, all the awfulness of these couple of weeks coming into focus. Sejeong's in the dungeon. Uncle Jin is dead. Someone's trying to murder me. And Appa is god knows where, potentially being hunted and running for his life.

"Suzy?" Sehun says softly, and appears in Sejeong's bedroom door.

I don't jump this time. I want to apologize for what happened to Sejeong, tell him I tried to stop the guards, but an apology doesn't fix anything. "Kang threw Sejeong in the dungeon" is all manage to say.

"I know." His eyes are intense again, and I don't blame him. "When I heard at lunch that Kang had removed you two from class and that you never returned, I came here looking for you both. But I only found you, sedated on the couch. Which told me Sejeong was most likely in the dungeon and that you'd likely been sedated because you were trying to prevent the guards from taking her."

I nod and exhale, relieved that at least he knows I attempted to stand up for her.

"Tell me everything about your conversation with Kang," he says. "Don't leave anything out."

I told him everything about the meeting, word for word, start to finish. He lets me speak, not commenting until I'm done with the story.

"Something's weird about it," I say. "There's no reason for Kang to punish Sejeong in front of me. It would have been easier just to leave me in class."

As Sehun considers what I'm saying, I can almost see the wheels turning in his head. "Maybe Kang wanted you to hear it, to know about Dr. Yoo discovering the missing match and about the missing piece of glass," he says.

"But why?" I ask. "Unless she wants me to know because she's also the one who told that guard to look after me? Could she be the faculty member Sejeong was speculating about who's fighting back against the Tigers? But how does that make any sense if in the same conversation she dragged Sejeong to the dungeon?"

He shakes his head and I fidget. We're both silent as we analyze the situation.

I look up at him. "Did you find out anything about that cut on Jimin's hand?"

"Yes and no. He didn't have any classes where he might easily have come by the cut, which makes it suspect. But I couldn't really get many details on him, either. He may not be a powerful Tiger, but he's still a Tiger, and no one feels safe speaking against them right now."

"I get that," I say. "The question is, what happened to the glass after it left this room? And is there any way to get Sejeong out of that dungeon?"

He shakes his head. "We'd have to find it first. The dungeon is either under the castle or possibly under one of the outer perimeter walls. That's why they use the sedative anytime someone gets locked up. They don't want us to know where it is."

"Okay, then let's tackle this one piece of missing information at a time," I say. "And fast, before someone else gets killed. Sohee should be coming soon to turn down the beds and refill the water. You stay here and get her to tell you everything about that glass. If we both leave, we'll miss our chance to talk to her."

He looks at me questioningly. "Both leave? And where are you going?"

I swallow. "To find Jungkook," I say, fighting to keep my voice calm.