(メ ̄▽ ̄)︻┳═一(20)

I walk down the hall to my room, my brisk pace fueled by my uneasiness. "Sejeong?" I say as I unlatch the door and walk in, but there's no response.

I close the door and head for my bedroom.

"She's in the library," says a voice, and Sehun steps out from behind my door, sending me flying two fast steps backward. 

"Aish, Sehun. You almost gave me a heart attack!" I say.

"Then stop being so easily surprised," he says, and I cringe inwardly. An image of him telling me to leave Rose's room last night flashes in my thoughts.

"You're right. You're totally right. I need to stop being so jumpy. I need to stop being a lot of things," I say, and head for the window, patting the curtain with my hand.

"I already checked there," Sehun says, and I walk toward Sejeong's room. "And I checked your bedrooms."

"Oh," I say, and stop.

He takes a good look at me. "You're practically shaking. This isn't just about finding me here. Something happened."

"Rose knows I was in her room," I say. "She claims she found a piece of my hair." I look at him for some signs as to whether Rose might be bluffing, but he gives nothing away.

"I warned you about covering your tracks," he says.

"Believe me, I definitely learned that lesson. Not that I think I can stop hairs from ever falling from my head. But I agree on the grass. I won't be making that mistake again. Or hesitately the way I did, either," I add, frowning. "I could have gotten us caught by Rose. I did get myself caught."

"Mmm. I see. And you're scared of her?"

"She's completely unpredictable."

Sehun shrugs. "True. But Lisa is a better fighter. If I were you, I'd be more worried about Lisa."

"This really isn't a joke."

He plops on the couch. "Welcome to our Hidden Academy, Suzy, where the scheming never stops, and where someone is always trying to push you off a ledge. You're in a dangerous situation. You're taking calculated risks to get out of it. But risks are still risks." I rub my hands over my face.

"You need to get yourself together," he says, his voice serious once more. "I'd like to think that this is just you getting out your emotions in private. But I'm here, so clearly it's not. Unless this display means you've decided to start trusting me, which as of yesterday I would say wasn't the case."

I study his face for a few seconds, but his expression is as calm and hard to read as usual. "Can I?"

"Trust me?" He laughs. "You're actually asking me if you can trust me. You're a fascinating girl, I'll give you that."

I sit down next to him on the couch. "I'm serious. Sejeong's a good person. You, on the other hand, are less of a good person. Everything is a game to you," I say, and Sehun starts to respond, but I stop him. "The other night in the trees, up on that sky bench, you told me that you're a Wolf and that Wolves are loyal. And I asked you who you're loyal to, remember? I know that at the very least you're loyal to your twin. Two minutes with you guys and that's obvious. Now, Sejeong has decided to help me. Who knows why, as I've proven to be troublesome ever since I got here. But she has anyway. And I don't know if you're on board  just because Sejeong is making you, of if it's because you were out past curfew and helping me helps you, or if maybe you do hope I get blamed and get the hell away from your sister."

Sehun watches me curiously.

"But what I do know is that every single thing I tell Sejeong, she tells you. Even if I wanted to filter information to you, I can't without filtering it to Sejeong first. I won't make it on my own without her. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm too vulnerable. So yes, I'm asking you if I can trust you."