(メ ̄▽ ̄)︻┳═一(17)

"Why did we leave the parlor? Rose's still there," I whispered to Sehun in the middle of an empty hallway lit by a single torch.

Sehun pulls me into the shadows and talks so quietly that I can barely hear him, and I'm right next to him. "Because I saw Jimin tell her in sign language that he would meet her."

"Meet her where?" I ask, a pit forming in my stomach. Sehun's nearness isn't helping with my nerves. I'm sure if anyone came through the hallway the would think we were having a romantic moment. But the last thing I need is more marks. I'm probably going to be scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush as it is.

"I'm assuming her room," he says.

I pull back slightly to get a look at him. "What are you saying right now?"

"I'm saying I want to hear that conversation," he whispers, and I can tell by his tone that he's serious.

My eyes widen as I realize what he's implying. "No. Forget it. That is so not what I signed up for, Sehun. I'm not breaking into . . . I'm not doing that."

"Then stay here and be scared," he says. "Any minute now they could come out of that parlor and we'll lose our window of opportunity. But that's okay; you go to bed. I'm sure you'll sleep well knowing that you will likely be blamed for a murder you didn't commit." And he walks away.

For a second I just watch him with my mouth open. I've clearly met my match in Sehun when it comes to being creatively pushy.

"Damn it," I say under my breath, and walk quickly down the hall to catch up.

When I reach him, he's wearing a small smile, like he knew exactly what the result of that conversation would be. I scowl and consider saying something biting, but as we pass into the stairwell, my annoyance with Sehun is covered by my fear of what we're about to do.

Sehun stops in front of the second-floor entrance to the girls' dormitory, checking for guards, and I immediately get a feeling of deja vu from the other night. Only then it was all still a game.

Sehun gestures me to follow him and we dart into the hallway, keeping our steps silent. He stops at the fourth door on the right and silently lifts the latch of Rose and Lisa's door. We slide inside, my heart beating a zillion miles an hour.

I've never considered how easy it is to get into someone else's space at the Academy. The doors can only be locked from the inside. But then again, I'm not sure what use locks would be with this group. Instead of making it harder to break in, I suspect locks would incentivize this group to try.

"What now?" I whisper, scanning the common room, which is the exact same as Sejeong's and mine. Between the stone floors and antique furniture, the only good space to hide is under the beds, and there is absolutely no way I'm risking getting trapped in one of their bedrooms.

"What's now is that you pick up that piece of grass you tracked in," Sehun says, looking at the floor like he can't believe I'm so careless. "Unless you want to immediately alert Rose that we're here, and if that's the case, I hope your fighting skills are enough to handle a three-on-two fight."

I look down at the floor, and sure enough there is a single blade of grass that must have been stuck to the bottom of my boot. I pick it up and shove it into my pocket.

Sehun makes his way across the room to the window blotted out with a heavy curtain. "The sill is big enough. Go from below and try not to pull the curtain out too far. If light gets through, the guard outside might see it and come up here. Don't sit down on the sill - stand and press your back against the side of the window arch. And get yourself into a position that you can stay in for a few hours and where you have flexibility of movement without making any noise. If someone pats the curtain, you have to be ready to move so that the fabric doesn't touch your body and give us away."