Chapter 1 - Introducing Akki

Chapter 1 ~ Introducing Akki

"Ahem."

I turned around, hearing the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Yondaime-sama," I greeted.

"Please, Akki, do not hold back your coldness. I know what you are like, you know," Yondaime told me.

"I am not cold towards you because I respect you, Yondaime-sama. The only one in this village that accepts me, is you."

I smiled at the Kazekage - something I never did. I hated smiling, but if I was smiling at Yondaime it was alright, because I knew that he thought of me an equal although he shouldn't.

"You are travelling to Konoha with Gaara, Temari and Kankuro. It's for the Chuunin exams. I believe that you are capable, and Baki has suggested the siblings go. As your trainer, I do think you could easily become Jonin, but stay Chuunin for a little while, alright?" Yondaime explained.

I grinned, noticing he already called me a Chuunin. I didn't even have the title yet, but Yondaime had faith in me.

"Do I have to stay with them?" I inquired.

"Well, of course you know my son Gaara is referred to a 'monster' as you are. So, you will be staying in a little cottage with him whilst Temari and Kankuro will be staying in a hotel. So after all, you are getting better out of it than if you stayed by yourself in a hotel, hmm?" Yondaime said.

"Alright. But what if he tries to kill me?" I replied.

"You are on the same level of strength. You could easily fend for yourself, but if not..." Yondaime took something out of his pocket, smiling. "Use this."

He presented me with a lilac gem on a chain.

"Tap this and say 'Yondaime'. I will answer if possible, if not I am probably in a meeting so it will transfer to Baki. It will immediately teleport me or him to you, and we will sort out the problem. But that's not all I have for you..."

I raised an eyebrow as Yondaime brought out a ruby-coloured gem this time, again on a chain.

"Tap this, then call, 'Gaara'. If you say 'teleport' straight afterwards, it should teleport him to you. It will be good for communication and I am sure you and Gaara will make use of them. Gaara will receive his from Baki," He - once again - explained.

"Are you scared of your own son's power?" I questioned.

"I admit it, I am... I am scared he hates me so much, to kill me. But I honestly love him more than anything, because he is different. He is special," Yondaime answered.

I nodded.

I smiled before taking the two necklaces and hanging them around my neck. The chains were different lengths so they did not clash.

"Thank you," I said before I left. I ran out of the Kazekage's building and into my tiny house on the outskirts of the enclosed Sand Village.

A few hours later, after I had packed, I heard a knock on my door. I closed my book after placing my aqua bookmark with the Sand symbol on the page I was on.

I walked slowly over to the door and looked through the peephole. All I saw was a mop of red hair. I didn't think so I opened the door and pointed a kunai at the person.

Sand immediately shot up and enclosed on my wrist. Once my eyes widened with recognition - it was Gaara - the sand drifted back to Gaara's gourd.