Chapter 12 These Feelings

Chapter 12 ~ These Feelings

Gaara groaned as the nurse fiddled with his wrist, bending it here and there.

"It's just a little sprain. I can't imagine such a delicate girl doing anything more than that," The nurse laughed.

Akki glared at her. Was she suggesting she was weak?

"Here, let me wrap you up-"

"That'll be fine," Gaara snapped, taking the bandages out of the woman's hands. He gave her a quick not-so-thankful nod, took Akki's hand and left.

"What a bitch!" Akki fumed as they got out of the hospital, "She was obviously suggesting that I'm weak! She hasn't seen anything!"

"Akki, it's alright," Gaara whispered.

"It's not alright!"

"It is. You know you aren't weak, so you shouldn't worry," Gaara smiled. He gave Akki's hand a quick squeeze before letting go.

Akki nodded, "You're right. I just don't think it's professional at all to speak like that to patients or guests."

"Neither do I," Gaara mumbled. They sat themselves in a small clearing.

Gaara played with the bandages for a moment before attempting to wrap them around his wrist - with no luck. Akki leaned over and started to help.

Their noses gently brushed together as Akki leaned over Gaara's arms to pull the wrap tight enough around his wrist. He winced every now and then, and every time Akki apologised with the same serenity as the last.

When she was finished, she got Gaara to hold them in place while she fished out a pin from her pouch to hook them together.

Gaara's bandages were finally complete.

They stayed like that for a while. Noses touching, foreheads brushing. An inch closer and they would've been kissing~

Akki blushed a little. Gaara felt himself trying to restrain from wanting to touch Akki's lips with his own.

"I..." The blue-haired girl whispered. Gaara didn't hear her as it sounded just like a brush of wind.

He couldn't hold it in any longer. He softly pressed his lips against Akki's in the most romantic and gentle way he could. As their lips connected, the girl felt herself brushing and moving her hands towards Gaara's hair.

Her fingers entangled in the soft strands of red, like short crimson strings of fate. Gaara smiled into their kiss.

Gaara softly pushed Akki back onto the grass. As her body lightly thumped against the ground, he moved his hands to her face and their kiss became all that bit more loving and serious.

With only quick breaths, the pair continued like that for a couple of minutes. Their breathlessness didn't bother them. The soft swaying of the wind and harmonious chirps of birds were just the scene they both wanted.

They both wanted this.

"Gaara, I..." Akki breathed as he pulled away for a moment longer than he did before.

Her words were cut off as he reconnected their lips, but pulled away again a few seconds later. He sat up and pulled Akki with him.

Their hands intertwined, sitting in the grass in front of them.

"That was amazing," They both said.

They giggled together. Two kids in love, that's all they were.

"What's your favourite colour?" Akki randomly asked.

Gaara smiled, "I don't suppose I really have one. Red, maybe?"

Akki giggled.

"Like the colour of your hair," She stated, taking a strand of it in her hands like she did when they shared their kiss.

The bluenette shivered at the thought of that kiss. It was everything she'd been waiting for, everything she'd wanted since she met Gaara.

Whatever would she do without him?

"What are you thinking?" Gaara whispered.

"What I'd do without you," Akki replied. "I really don't think I'd survive."

Gaara smiled.

They knew they both had to make the most of it while they could. Orochimaru was still on the loose and the rest of the Chuunin Exams were getting closer, so either could disappear any time soon.

That's all they had to worry about.

These feelings, and each other.

***

Wow. I'm not really sure what came over me during this. I guess I just have someone on my mind, and I'm in the mood for romance. :P