Chapter 6 - Preparation

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

***

A/N: I am changing the set-up a little to make things even. Instead of Ino, there's going to be Akki.

Chapter 6 ~ Preparation

I was terrified. The next morning would be the Chuunin Exams, and who knows what would happen?

"Gaara, I can't... I'm scared," I whispered.

"They won't let anything happen to you," He reassured me. "I won't."

"Thank you. Do you know who we're up against?"

"No, but I'm betting you're against the 'intelligent' Haruno girl," Gaara told me. "They're obviously going to put two intelligent people up against each other."

"And two fighters, right? You'll either be against the Uchiha or the one who talked crap about youth."

"Probably," The redhead shrugged.

I sighed, rising from my seat and walking into the kitchen to make some ramen.

"Want some ramen?" I called.

"Sure."

Living with Gaara was pretty good. Upstairs we had two separate bedrooms and bathrooms, and downstairs we had the kitchen and living room with a dining table.

Gaara's presence wasn't at all unsettling. We made each other feel welcome, and since we were the same we both understood each other.

I walked into the living room and placed Gaara's ramen - along with mine - on the dining table.

"Thanks," Gaara said. Yeah, he also talked a fair amount. And he wasn't rude.

"You're welcome," I mumbled before sitting down and quickly eating my ramen.

I loved ramen. Not as much as Naruto did, though.

A comfortable silence passed, and after we had both finished, I took the bowls and cleaned them up. Gaara came out to help halfway through but I refused.

I thought about what I needed to do to be successful tomorrow. I had to try my best, and the only way to do that was...

"Want to do some training?" I asked Gaara.

His eyes widened for a minute, before he nodded.

"Together?" He said as he got his fighting equipment.

I nodded. "We could both use the practice."

"Yeah."

***

I panted, throwing a kunai at Gaara. Of course I wasn't aiming to hit him, so it flew past his red hair and hit the tree behind him.

His sand flew up and grabbed my wrist. I collapsed into a pile of his sand that was on the floor, feeling content with the soft floor.

"I'm so tired," I told him.

At that moment, I was lifted into the air.

"Gaara?" I said, opening and closing my eyes.

"What? I'm taking you home."

"Aren't you tired?" I asked.

"Not as much as you, I don't use as much physical energy, and probably chakra."

"Hmph. You like the easy life, huh," I joked.

"Shut up and go to sleep," He said, "You really need rest for tomorrow. It's an early start, right?"

So I did. I fell asleep in Gaara's arm as he swiftly carried me home.

***

Hope you liked it.