Chapter 19 - A False Accusation?

A/N: I hope you guys have stuck around and waited for me to update! It appears that I'm updating regularly again, so I think I'm back on track with this story! It's my birthday at the weekend, though, so I might not update. So, I'm trying to fit in as much as I can to keep anyone who reads this happy!

Extra A/N: I didn't get this uploaded until way after my birthday... Oops. Also, I have changed my writing style and the way I set things out since I started this story since I was about two years younger when I started it, and it's too much to keep up with, so I'm just going to write naturally.

***

"It wasn't me!"

I made a 'tsk' noise, and threw my head back in laughter.

"There's not many people with pink hair," Gaara stated plainly. "Don't you see what you've done?"

Gaara gestured to my arms, which hadn't healed since the coffee incident was only a day ago. We were interrogating Sakura - it was pretty clearly her, and I wasn't ready to back down.

"Ask Sas-"

"Don't you think we already have? He said that he saw you cross the path, and linger there. He told us he watched you for a few seconds and you started wondering into one of the other food places. Isn't it obvious, Sakura? You went and bought the coffee. After that, you waited for me to come out - and splash. This happened," I said, pointing at one of my reddened blisters.

"It wasn't me," She said. Tears appeared to form in her eyes, but she didn't mean it. She wasn't even sorry. And it was her!

"Look, Sakura. Consequences won't be so bad if you admit it. If you don't, I'm going to take this to the Hokage. She's not going to be happy," I said, calmly. It was taking everything I had not to unleash my inner demons at her.

"You're just a filthy liar! You want payback because you're a devil! You've got something inside of you that you can't control. I bet I'm triggering it now, huh?! Naruto's just the same! And your little boyfriend over there. How did you manage to get him, huh? What'd you do? Threaten-"

"Shut up."

I slammed my hands on the table in front of us. A few nearby customers of the coffee shop looked up, but immediately looked away when Sakura began to cry.

"You're a bitch!" She squealed, and ran out.

I sighed, and placed my head on Gaara's shoulder. He wrapped an arm around my waist, and pulled me into him.

"She's just overreacting because we know the truth," He stated. I nodded.

"I know. She doesn't have to bring up my demons, though... I was born like this! I don't have a choice!" I cried out.

"I know... Akki, let's go," Gaara said, leading me out.

I sighed, "I'm sorry for freaking out on you, Gaara. I just feel so strongly... And I know you understand, because you're like me, too."

"I love you, Akki," Gaara informed me. He paused, and spoke again, "I'll always be here for you. I'll always try my best to understand."

I smiled, "God, Gaara... We've changed so much."

"I know," he said. "I'm proud. I'm proud of myself, and us. But most of all, I'm happy that we're together."

Next Day

"Hokage," I said, as I walked through the door to her office.

Tsunade smiled slightly, then changed back to a stone cold face. "Yes, Akki?"

I gripped Gaara's hand tighter, who was stood a little behind me.

"I had a little incident and I believe Sakura Haruno is the culprit," I announced. Tsunade's eyes widened.

"I've been teaching Sakura for a while, I'm not sure she'd-"

"Please, hear her out," Gaara said, bowing his head slightly. The Hokage nodded.

"I was leaving Ichiraku's ramen store and I was covered in coffee," I said, pulling up a sleeve to show the boils that were still evident from three days ago.

"Ah," she said, quietly, "When did this take place?"

"Three days ago," I told her. "We all saw pink hair, and Sasuke Uchiha confirmed that he saw her buy coffee."

"Alright. Evidence seems pretty clear, and I'll try to get her to admit to it. Thank you for your time, Akki and Gaara."

I turned to leave, but Tsunade called out my name. I nodded.

"When will you be leaving? You are welcome to stay for a while longer," she smiled.

"I'm not really sure, yet," I said, squeezing Gaara's hand, "Thank you, Hokage."

I knew that I didn't want to go back to the Sand Village. Too many people there judged me, and I knew Gaara felt the same. So, I thought we'd be staying in the Leaf a little while longer.

At least we knew we were welcome by the Hokage, even if Sakura didn't want us there.