Chapter 17 - A Little Intervention

Akki's POV

Gaara and I had been so happy. So incredibly, outstandingly happy. Yet, I couldn't seem to make an excuse for the scene in front of me.

Gaara was cheerfully chatting to some girl. I had no clue who she was. She didn't look like a Leaf girl, and she wasn't from the Sand. Yet, she was here in the Leaf talking to my boyfriend.

I heard her giggle, and watched her place her hand on Gaara's shoulder. I felt my anger rising, but I kept it down. I couldn't afford to be seen as such a monstrosity here, too. I didn't want Gaara to see that again, either.

I could see purple chakra beginning to surround my legs.

No! I inwardly screamed.

The purple chakra disappeared. I frowned.

Self-control was certainly something I wasn't used to.

So, I sat cross-legged on the floor. Gaara was supposed to meet me ten minutes ago, but instead he's talking to this flirtatious girl.

Who happened to be a lot prettier than me.

She was simply beautiful. She had long, black current hair that was curled perfectly and striking golden eyes. She moved so gracefully, and she seemed like a woman.

Then there was me. With my blue hair that had jagged ends, and my uninteresting green eyes, I couldn't amount to the beauty she held. I had a child's figure.

(A/N: I know Akki has blue hair, but I forgot what colour her eyes are. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or what chapter that was, so I just made them green.)

Gaara eventually stopped talking to her, but as she walked away, he watched her. Her hips swayed like they were dancing with the breeze, and her hair fluttered behind her like a thousand manic butterflies.

Gaara didn't turn around and see me until she was completely out of sight.

"A-Akki?"

I stared into those sea-foam eyes. I didn't see remorse. I didn't see the love he used to have for me - it was a matter of days since he told Temari and Kankuro he asked me to be his girlfriend! He was so in love with me then... Or is it all a lie?

"I hope you had fun," I said, standing up and brushing my knees off. "It seemed you did. Thanks for noticing that I was here, anyway. I guess it would hurt less than if you followed her."

I began to walk away, and Gaara grabbed my wrist. Electric shocks ran up my arm. Surely I wasn't the only one who felt that.

"Akki, you know I lo-"

"No, you don't!" I screamed, turning around to face him as tears threatened to fall down my cheeks, "If you loved me, would you have been letting that girl flirt with you whilst I was a few feet behind you?"

"I-"

"No, you wouldn't! You would've been with me... You should've been..."

I snatched my wrist away from Gaara as tears finally leaked from my forest-coloured eyes.

"I hope you're happy."

With that, I walked away, leaving Gaara there.

-Later-

I had been sat in the forest, crying, for a good few hours now. But I was not going to let Gaara defeat me.

Sometimes you have to put yourself before your emotions.

It didn't matter how much I loved him. I'd lived without him once, maybe twice if reincarnation was real. What was stopping me from reverting back to my old, independent ways?

I tapped my necklace from the Kazekage.

"Yondaime," I whispered.

A blur appeared in front of me, and he was there.

He kneeled down in front of me. "Oh, Akki. What ever is the matter?"

"I fell in love... And he hurt me."

Yondaime's eyes were sympathetic, and knowing. He already knew this would happen. That's why he placed me with Gaara in the first place.

"I know it hurts," the Kazekage whispered. "But Akki, you should give him a chance to explain. Maybe all is not what it seems."

I didn't speak. I let Yondaime go back to his duties, and I stayed in the forest for a little while. I wasn't ready to face Gaara just yet.

(A/N: Sorry for all these time skips but it would be a dreadfully short chapter if they weren't added!)

-Next Morning-

I woke up with a sudden pain in my back, and a sore arm. I'd been sleeping on a pile of leaves, imprinted on my arm, and my back was resting against a piece of wood.

"Ouch," I whispered as I stretched. My joints cracked and I felt a little relieved.

I wondered if anyone had noticed my absence. Gaara probably didn't - he was most likely off frolicking with that girl.

I considered finding her, but I knew that wouldn't end well. I considered hearing Gaara out - it sounded like a better idea, but I wasn't sure I was ready to face him.

I realised I was staring up at the trees, and as I sank back to the ground and looked ahead, I saw someone in front of me that was heading towards me, ready or not.

Nemesism (Gaara)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें