Chapter 8 - Akki's First Challenge

Chapter 8 ~ Akki's First Challenge

"Gaara, what if it's-"

"Akki of the Sand, and Haruno Sakura of the Leaf!"

I squeezed Gaara's hand. He mumbled some reassuring words to me, and I sighed.

"Gaara, if anything happens, I just want you to know that I lo-"

I paused, "I love being your friend."

I sighed as I jumped over the railings and landed softly in front of Sakura on the fighting pitch. A few people gasped, and I saw Gaara leaning over the railings just to make sure I was okay.

"You're going down, Sand girl."

I hissed at her and she retreated slightly. Yes, that's how it should be.

"Don't provoke me," I growled.

"Chill out, kids. Alright... 1, 2, 3... GO!"

She launched herself at me, and I dodged. Of course she flew straight back and hit the wall.

She slumped down, but got up.

"Is that all you've got?" I yelled.

Sakura threw a kunai at me, which I caught with my bare hands. Blood dripped down my fingertips and I laughed sadistically.

"Think that's going to stop me?" I chuckled.

"Stop talking and fight!" The Haruno snapped.

I raised my eyebrows, "Alright!"

I launched myself at her. She wasn't quick enough to dodge my move, so I had her pinned to the ground within a few seconds.

She managed to push me off before I could claim the win. I flew across the room and smashed into the wall. I coughed up a bit of blood.

I laughed as I spat out the remainder of the sticky substance that caught in my throat.

She made hand signs, and I looked into her mind to see what they were for. I caught her clone out in seconds.

I shoved her to the same time that my clone was getting rid of her multiple, too, and held a kunai to her neck.

"Akki wins!"

"Too easy," I muttered to myself, "...but good match, for someone of your abilities."

She just nodded, and walked off to her group with saddened eyes.

I ran towards the step to meet Gaara at the bottom. He grasped me in his arms, holding me tighter than anyone ever had.

"Gaara, I did it!" I squealed with happiness.

He nodded, "I know, Akki. Congratulations."

But in Gaara's case, he ended up nearly killing Lee, the youth guy. We just brushed it off. We were both in the next round, and that was all that mattered!

***

I know I haven't updated in ages, so here's your special exams chapter! Sorry it's so short :(