Chapter 14 - Chuunin Exams End

P.S. I know that Ino doesn't right in this round, but to make the story even I've included her.

~Akki's P.O.V.~

So. This is it.

This was the last day of the Chuunin exams. This is how everything went-

First, the written test. Next was a short preliminary round because too many teams or people had gotten through the written test. After that, the Forest of Death. Now is the last round.

"Gaara?" I whispered into the air. He had slept in my room last night because he didn't want to be alone, especially after the bad dream he had about me...

I felt so guilty when he told me that. I had caused him to feel pain, to be upset. Those were the last emotions I wanted Gaara to feel.

"Yes," I heard Gaara reply.

I sighed. "This better be worth it when I'm done."

Gaara chuckled.

"You'll get through, you know it. And if something happens and you don't, you know you'll make it somehow," Gaara told me. "I'm surprised they haven't already set you straight through!"

I laughed, "No, Gaara. I'm nothing special."

Gaara gave me that, 'are you freaking kidding me' look, so I just returned a glare.

We both giggled, and as we laughed our faces ended up closer together. I looked into Gaara's eyes as he slowly inched nearer and nearer.

I smiled into the kiss as his lips touched mine. I was never sure what it was with Gaara. He'd stolen my first kiss, he was the first person I considered myself to love, he was just everything to me.

Yet I didn't know what the butterfly feeling in my stomach was every time he kissed me.

Sure, we were too young for this. Only being around 13-14, we didn't really know what we were doing, but we were mature enough to know it was right.

He pulled away but quickly reconnected our lips. I took one of his hands in mine but pushed him back.

"We need to get ready," I laughed.

At that moment, nothing mattered. The only people in the world were us. We had each other.

But did we?

We soon left for the arena we were fighting at. When we got there, it was packed but we managed, with hands clasped together, to get to Temari and Kankuro.

Temari raised her brow as they approached her and her brother, holding hands. Kankuro shared the same look.

"So, you finally got yourself a score?" Kankuro teased.

"Shut up, Kankuro! At least he's got a girl now-"

"Guys! We're not together, we just needed to get through the crowd," I explained.

Well, it wasn't the whole truth but neither was it a complete lie.

Gaara's touch was comforting, and pleasing to my mind. I smiled as I rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand.

"Alright, everyone!" The announcer, whose name I didn't bother to learn, called out. "It's time for the first round, and you lot better be prepared!"

"First up, Uzumaki Naruto and Hyuuga Neji!"

I zoned out for a bit, Gaara watching intently now and then. I saw Neji defeating Naruto, but there was a turn of events and Naruto won.

"NARUTO WINS!" The announcer shouted, "The next match... Gaara of the Sand and Uchiha Sasuke!"