Chapter 7 - It's Time

Hi! Here's an update.

***

Chapter 7 ~ It's Time

"Akki," A low voice mumbled. "Wake up."

I opened my eyes to see a pair of emotionless sea foam orbs staring back at me. I groaned.

"It's today, isn't it? I was hoping I'd sleep through it," I told him.

"Akki, you're highly ranked by the Hokage. Do you really still think you're going to fail?"

Gaara's green eyes reassured me that I'd do fine, so I shook my head.

"No, I'll try my best!"

"That's good," Gaara said, turning and walking out of the room. "We had to leave at 7:00 am, according to Baki... Just to be sure."

"Alright."

***

"This floor has been transferred with another one," I said to Gaara as we entered the floor we were meant to be on. I did a couple of hand signs, and we walked towards the meeting room.

"Ah, congratulations!" A voice sounded the room as we entered. "Some of our first to realise the genjustu."

I sighed, "Kakashi, he did it."

The man in front of me widened his eyes.

"How do you know I-"

"Akki, from the Sand. I can look into people's backgrounds and track the ninja creating the justu from chakra."

"Oh," He said. He probably remembered seeing my name on the sheet of ninjas who were participating in the exam.

***

First, we did an easy paper exam. I got through that simply because I tracked the chakra spawning from people in the room and read their minds. So, I won't bother telling you about that.

Then, this was the hardest part. The actual fighting part.

I was good when it comes to reading people's moves and being ready ahead of myself, but I wasn't very good when it comes to actual physical contact.

However, since I was part Jinchuuriki; it would be easy.

Oh, yeah. I should probably explain that.

When I was born, one of the Jinchuurikis - I don't know which, Yondaime-sama protested against telling me too much - let out a mass of chakra apon Sunagakure. At the very same time, my mother was giving birth. As I was being delivered, they were hurriedly pumping the chakra through my mouth into my organs, trying to hide away the chakra.

Of course, it worked. I absorbed the chakra in my lungs, but as I grew older, the chakra grew with me and it was no longer hidden. I was part Jinchuuriki, just like that.

If I grew much older, then I might die... The chakra would grow and overtake my body, exploding my organs and slowly killing me.

That's why I never got close to anyone. I especially didn't fall in love.

Although now, I wasn't sure. Gaara... Ayame-chan had told me I love him. Did I?

I know-

"Akki, they're introducing the first match," Gaara's soft voice interrupted my train of thoughts.

"Oh, alright."

I watched as two Hyuugas, Hinata and Neji, fought. They were both capable, but Hinata seemed to be falling behind. Either; she didn't want to hurt a family member or she had something on her mind. I saw her glance up at a blonde boy that I had learned to be Naruto, and I sighed. Of course. She loved him.

Yet, I lost interest soon. I was thinking about my own love... And other things. Especially the redhead next to me...

"Akki, next match is up."

I looked at Gaara and sighed.

"Alright."

I grabbed his hand as the names shifted on the screen. I didn't even know I did it, but neither of us made any attempt to pull away from the contact.

For a moment, I wasn't even worried about the exams. I was just worried about keeping my hand in his.