Chapter Seventeen - Developing Friendships

Hey guys!!!!

Bad news: I'm going to be super busy this weekend and most likely won't have time to upload, AND I'm sick :(

Good news: Because I'm sick, I don't have to go to school today!!!!!!!! So that means I most likely will be able to upload again for you guys after this morning maybe!!!! Yay, right?

Okay, being sick really sucks, but I think its great to be able to upload sooner!! 

Enough rambling, on with the story!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

"Well, I want to know more," Kendra said. "And I really have all day."

I looked at her for a long time before answering, and telling her the whole deal with Jonah Patterson  our freshman year. She remembered bits and pieces of the story, and felt sorry for me. Never in a million years did I think I would feel pity from a pregnant woman.

"But, because of all that, Nicky and I made a pact. We promised to never let another guy come between us," I glanced and Kendra for reassurance before continuing. "I feel like I'm letting it happen again, I'm letting this guy tear us apart."

"I absolutely love how you refer to Taylor Lautner as just some guy!" she says sarcastically. "And I understand that you feel that way, that's only normal. But then again, you're in a really tough situation, and I quite honestly wouldn't know what to do if I were you. But to be honest, I've never seen you this way before."

"Like what way?"

"Like you have this glow, this radiance coming from inside you. I noticed it the other day we hung out, but I didn't know what to think of it. Now I know exactly what's going on. Everything makes sense now."

"I glow?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Yes, I can see it in your smile, the way you talk, the way your eyes brighten up at random times. I'm not saying you were always a downer, I'm just saying you're different now. And I understand why."

"But Nicky doesn't, and she's so upset with me right now."

"That'll pass, once she finds out."

"I can't tell her until the time's right, you know that."

"I know. And this is what's best for her, so don't feel bad about it."

"I mean, Taylor's my first boyfriend and I can't even tell my bestfriend about it . This really sucks," I say with a huff.

She rubs my arm soothingly. "It'll get better. She'll understand one day."

After that little chat, Kendra and I watched a couple scary movies. But they really had no effect on me because there was still daylight outside. I found that Kendra and I have a lot more in common than I thought we did, and I'm so glad I made the decision in telling her about Taylor. I feel like a huge weight's been lifted off my shoulders.

At the end of the second movie, Kendra picks up the note that Taylor left for me this morning, smiling to herself as she read it again. 

"So are you going to meet up tonight?" she asks me eagerly, bouncing from excitement. 

"I---don't know," I found myself stuttering. This was so unusual. Normally I would freak out over this by myself, now I get to watch Kendra freak out before my very eyes. "I haven't talked to him about it."

"Well, call him!" she yelps, handing me my phone.

"O-kay?" my brain and body weren't collaborating when I dialed his number. It rang twice before he picked up, sounding stunned.