Chapter Five - The Best Day of My Life

Thanks to all those who have read this far, but I'm not getting any feedback!!

I would like to know all your thoughts and opinions on this story, let me know if you think I should change some things or not. And I added a picture of how I wanted Rachel to look in this chapter. Well, at least her hair and make-up.

And I had more time to make a longer chapter! Wooo!

Okay, enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked back out into the bowling alley to find all the people scattered around, doing various things. Some employees were preparing for closing time; I saw Patrick leave the building. A handful of teenage guys were sitting at the lounging area, waiting for him, I realized.

"Hey guys," he said as we approached them. I stood there, cheeks blazing as they all looked back at me; some looks were kinder than others. "Guys, this is Rachel," he said. I waved and shot them one of my fake smiles.

"Hey, Rachel," they all said simultaneously.

"You guys can leave now, we're gonna hang out for a bit," Taylor said to his friends.

"Cool beans," one guy said. After that, they all headed outside.

"Are we really hanging out?" I asked in a small voice. I began to remember who he was again, and my throat got thick, palms sweaty.

"If you would like," he said with a sheepish smile.

"I-I don't know you," I said quietly, looking down.

"But I want to get to know you," he said, coming closer. My body locked up.

"Why?"

"I already said, because you're different."

"A good different?" I asked again, looking at his playful eyes.

"Yes," he replied with a nod.

"Well, where are we going?" I asked him.

"Wherever you wanna go," he said. I smiled.

"I'm starving."

"Then we'll get something to eat."

"Okay. Are you okay with that?"

"I'm cool with anything. What are you in the mood for? I have a taste for Chinese food."

"Aw man! I love Chinese food!" I exclaimed. "I know this great place to take you."

"Cool," he said with an easy smile. "I love it, too."

"Great."

We walked outside and brushed arms; our cars were parked in opposite directions.

"Um, what--" I started to ask.

"Do you wanna ride with me?" he asked while pointing to a glossy black BMW 5 series. My jaw dropped, my mouth gaped open like a fish.

"Is that your car?!" I asked incredulously.

"Yep, she's a looker," he said smugly.

"Sure is," I agreed, still staring at it.

"You wanna ride?" he asked again.

"Yeah, I would love to, but..." I looked down at my uniform. An oversized bright neon orange and yellow button-up shirt, black pants with a soda stain on the thigh, and worn converse. "Can I changes clothes?"

He busted into loud guffaws and I joined him after a while. I must've looked ridiculous.

"Of course you can," he said after a while. "How about this? You drive your car home, change clothes and do whatever it is that females do and I come pick you up at your house around ten-thirty?" he said. That was a brilliant idea.