Chapter Six - Mixed Emotions

Hey guys!! I' m so happy I can upload twice in one week, but I've been really busy with marching band and I don't know if I'll be able to do this very often, but enjoy!!

Plus, thank you to all of my fans!!

You are truly amazingly awesome!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up right at nine. Today was my day off (if I still even had a job), so I wanted to pack up the rest of my room. I just now remembered that I was moving out in six days. 

Six days.

I still had posters up, pictures hanging, my closet and dresser was full of clothes, my shoes were scattered all over the house. I huffed and stood up, stretching. And then the realization of what happened last night dawned on me in full. I exhaled a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

I thought everything was a dream. I thought it was all a dream, and I would wake up and come back to reality. But my phone rang, snapping me out of my trance.

Taylor Lautner was calling me; I couldn’t move.

The phone continued to ring, I continued to stand still, not thinking.

The ringing ceased, and I picked up my motor skills again, grabbing the phone. It was too late, I missed his call.

I bit my lip, debating on whether not I should call him back. Of course I would call him back!! This was TAYLOR LAUTNER!!

Just when I was about to dial his number, I got a voicemail from him. A surprised giggle escaped my lips.

“Hey, it’s me. Rachel, I really wanted to wait a little longer before I called you, but I couldn’t. Last night was really great. I had a great time with you. Um, you’re probably still sleeping, but I just wanted to talk. Please don’t think I’m weird, but call me back when you have a chance,” he said with a nervous chuckle. My heart stopped beating on the last word. “Bye.”

“Holy shit,” I whispered, heading to the bathroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Staring at my wild expression in the mirror. 

This is really happening. This is really happening.

My eyes wouldn’t return to their normal size; my heart rate wouldn’t falter from it’s frantic beat. Until I heard a knock on the other side of the door.

“Good morning, honey.” I heard my mom’s voice.

“Morning,” I said halfheartedly. I was so confused.

“I’m going go run some errands, do you need anything?”

“Nope.”

“Alright, see you later.”

When I heard the front door close, I stepped out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen. After eating a bowl of cereal, I collapsed back onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I didn’t know what to do. Why haven’t I called him back yet? Because I’m scared. Because I know I’m not good enough for him.

This isn’t right. Why would Taylor Lautner be interested in me? I’m just an ordinary girl. Nothing special. I don’t deserve someone as special as him. I decided I wouldn’t call him back. Not today. Not ever.

Because deep down, I knew I’d never be good enough for him. He probably was used to dating girls who were all glitz and glam, and I’m nothing compared to that. Absolutely nothing. A dull and rugged rock compared to several gleaming diamonds, or the many girls who are in Taylor's league.

**********

It was four in the afternoon. All my pictures and posters were down, all but two weeks worth of clothes were put into boxes and suitcases, all but three pairs of shoes were in boxes. My toiletries were in a bag, not scattered in the bathroom, my make-up in it’s own case.