Chapter Fifteen - Secrets

Heyy Guysss!!!!!!!! :)

It's finally the weekend and it feels amazing!!! 

I just want to apologize for that last chapter being so crummy and short. I was on a strict time limit, and that's what I came up with in about an hour, so please forgive me. I don't want that to become a habit of mine, so I'll try not to do that to myself in the future.

For those of you who have read and kept up with me from the begining, Thank You so very much!! I probably wouldn't be doing this is if it wasn't for you guys, so thank you so much!!! You are really appreciated!!! :) Over 700 reads?! You guys are truly outstanding and it makes me feel good to see that. 

Okay, enough of my rambling. Time for the story!!!!

Annnnnnnnd, song for this chapter is one of my favorites: Fall by Justin Bieber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The only reason I moved was because my stomach was growling, and this thin shirt wasn't keeping me very warm. It felt like I had slept for days, but it had only been a couple hours, surprisingly. 

I snacked on some chips while absently staring out the window, wondering how on earth my life became so hectic over the last couple weeks. Oh yeah, I started dating Taylor Lautner.

But I never imagined things to ever be this way. I never thought about Nicky being so furious with me to the point of tears, I never thought this secret would drive a wedge between us possibly forever. The worst pain imaginable seared theough me at that moment, striking me to the core. I doubled over, trying to catch my breath. I've never had to think about a life without Nicky, but the mere possibility of it is unbearable. 

Ever since the third grade, I'd never pictured Nicky anywhere away from me. Even then, I'd known she'd always be in my life as my best friend. We tell each other everything, we know each other inside and out, we think the same, we wear the same size (even thought her breasts are a little bigger than mine), we even wear the same size shoe! Taking Nicky out of my life would be like taking one of my lungs, or one of my kidneys; I simply wouldn't be able to go on without her.

I remember our freshman year in high school, and our little altercation with Jonah Patterson. We'd Everything was going perfectly all the way up to the spring dance, when Jonah asked Nicky instead of me.  I was shocked because Jonah and I had become close over those short few months of my entire freshman year. We had four classes together and sat by each other in every one. We even ate lunch together most days because Nicky was in a different lunch period that year. Here I was, thinking that everything would be perfect and Jonah would ask me to the spring dance because we made each other laugh, we talked all the time, and we actually liked each other. Well, at least I thought we did...

It all changed when Jonah and I were going to the movies the weekend before the dance. I felt bad because I forgot about making plans with Nicky before Jonah asked me to go, so I just brought her with me, introducing the two for the first time ever. Why I did that, I'll never know, but I knew it was over then. When Jonah first saw her, he looked at her in a way that he never looked at me. In the theater he sat next to her on the other side of me and they pretty much talked through the whole thing. I didn't really watch the movie either because I was seething with envy.

Jonah asked Nicky to the dance and I told her it was okay while I stayed home, shoving my face with  ice cream to the point where I threw it back up. 

They started dating the night of the dance, then she dumped him a week later because a junior asked her out. But this was typical for Nicky, as to how she was never without a boyfriend pretty much all her life. But the night she met Jonah, he just happened to look extra-attractive that night, and she just happened to be single and her usual, flirty, spontaneous self. I couldn't hate her for that, though. It's not like it was her fault. Yeah, it may not have been Nicky's fault that she was such a guy magnet, but I hadn't spoken to Jonah since the last day of freshman year, leaving him and my broken heart behind.