Chapter 46: Anticipation

Song for this chapter: Beautiful To Me by the wonderful Josiah Hawley

For those who watched The Voice this season, you will know that Josiah was one of the several talented artists who was sent home. However, he is making music. FANTASTIC MUSIC. I absolutely love this song, and it really inspired me for this chapter. I hope you guys like it as much as I do, I have a link for you just to right ---------->>>>

You should really check it out when you're done reading!! Or before you read.....doesn't matter lol :)

***** Dedication to MikeyJ21 for just being awesome :) *****

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes gracefully fluttered open against the sunlight streaming through the bedroom window. I took a few seconds to sigh contentedly before grinning widely, recounting the events that took place last night...or early this morning, rather. I was lying atop a strong, smooth chest, which rose and fell evenly with each breath he took. My gaze travelled upwards as I met the adoring expression on Taylor's face. He smiled down at me lovingly.

We exchanged a look of love and recognition, which lasted about thirty seconds. I barely registered the fact that we were both buck naked, tangled in the sheets together.

"Good morning," I tried to whisper before his lips suddenly crashed down on mine fiercely. My eyes widened at his intensity, and I immediately wondered how long he'd been waiting on me to wake up.

I threw my arms around his neck, holding him close as our kiss deepened. Much like last night, my stomach curled in anticipation and the surface of my skin seemed to be flooded in heat. My heart overflowed with loving feelings and suffocated away my uncertainties and imperfections, leaving behind nothing but confidence and strength.

Lost in these heavenly sensations, I gasped slightly as he lifted me up and placed me on his lap. His kiss only deepened, and then he twisted his fingers in my hair, kissing my jaw, the hollow at my throat, all over my neck, reiterating the several hickeys I'm sure I had. A soft moan escaped my lips at the incredible sensations he was giving me. Every move he made was just so right.

His hands traveled over every inch of my body, gripping my thighs, holding my hips, circling my waist, cupping my breasts...my breath hitched in my throat and I grabbed his face, kissing him forcefully.

"Good morning," he told me with a grin. I chuckled lightly before we continued on to experience intense pleasure for the second time today.

*************************

When we were done, Taylor held me against his body. Something in the way he held me secured the fact that we hadn't made a mistake. In fact, I don't know what took us so long to reach this point.

"You're incredible," he told me, breathing hard. I reached up and placed my hand to his overheated cheek, rubbing it softly and feeling the stubble there.

I was sore. Extremely sore, and I knew it would be difficult to make certain movements when I finally got around to standing later. But that was all worth the bliss and ecstasy that Taylor and I had the chance to share together.

I can't believe that was what I had been afraid of! That was perfect! I enjoyed every single second of it, and wished it didn't have to come to an end so soon.

I turned my naked body around in Taylor's arms so that I was facing him instead of the wide window ahead of us. The sun was directly overhead; indicating that quite a bit of time had passed since we'd been in this bedroom. That explained why my stomach growled loudly. I just now realized how famished I was.

I didn't have time to feel embarrassed because Taylor's stomach growled right after mine. We both laughed aloud, snapping out of the dreamy trance we were in. "Sounds like someone's hungry," I teased, patting his taut stomach.

"I could say the same thing," he said flirtatiously, adjusting me so that he could do the same. He kissed my forehead after. "C'mon, let me make you breakfast."

At the mention of food, I got right up, though I didn't really want to leave the warmth and comfort of his body. And just as I assumed, a pain shot through my body right as I stood up. I grimaced slightly and sighed. Like I said, all this was definitely worth it.

"Can I take a quick shower?" I asked in a small voice.

"You don't have to ask," he told me with a smile, slipping his boxers on. I wrapped the sheet around my body and blushed as I walked past him, disappearing around the corner. Even though I was out of the room, I could still feel his lustful, heat-filled gaze on me.

In the bathroom, I turned the water on immediately, letting it get nice and hot before I stepped foot inside. I leaned over the beautiful marble countertop, peering into the mirror at my disheveled appearance. My hair was a hot mess; there was no rhyme or reason to it. You'd think I got electrocuted or something. I smiled slightly, which brought my gaze to my swollen, red lips. My eyes were wide and bright, shining joyfully. There were countless hickeys on my neck, shoulders, even a few on my chest and stomach. I wondered idly how they'd gotten there while I touched every single one.

I stepped into the shower and sang. I sang at the very top of my lungs, not giving a single care.

I was on a natural high, knowing that Taylor Lautner and I loved each other enough to take this step in our relationship. It made me even happier to know that I don't regret it at all. I loved every moment that we spent twined together on that bed, and I wouldn't change a single thing about it. Whenever I pictured my first time, I never imagined it being any better than that. Or the second time, for that matter. He made me feel loved with every tender movement he made, and this made me love him even more than I already did.

Twenty minutes later, I was dressed and headed into the kitchen at the smell of deliciousness.

"It smells wonderful," I told him honestly, going to wrap my arms around his waist. I laid my head against his bare chest, closing my eyes as he stood in front of the stove, flipping pancakes.

"Thank you, love," he paused for a moment to laugh. "I heard your beautiful singing."

I sensed his sarcasm and playfully hit him in the arm. "Shut it."

He laughed some more. "I hope you're hungry. I made enough to feed all of California."

I laughed jubilantly. "When have you ever known me to turn down food?" I asked. He just kissed my forehead.

"Have a seat," he instructed. "Since I wasn't able to serve you in bed, I would like to serve you now."

"You're so sweet," I said, against the flood of heat in my cheeks.

"I try," he said with a wink.

After I (carefully) sat down, he brought me a plate complete with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and toast. There was a massive amount of food on this plate, but it just looked so good! I couldn't turn it down.

"Thank you so much," I said, flattered at his thoughtfulness. He leaned down to kiss me briefly before joining me on the other side of the table.

"I enjoy cooking for you," he told me.

"Why?" I asked, smirking.

"Because you never complain, even when it's the most disgusting thing ever."

"Maybe I just don't want to hurt your feelings," I winked playfully. He looked hurt. "I'm just kidding, baby!"

"I know you are," he said, finishing up his eggs. "I was just messing with you."

I laughed for a moment, and then we finished eating with a comfortable silence. I adored this wonderful person sitting with me at the table. I loved him more than I thought anyone could ever be loved. He took my breath away, in every aspect and he makes me so happy. I'm more than grateful to be able to have him.

*********************

A few days later

"Rachel!" My grandma's voice was the loudest over all my family members'. She was the first one to rush over and hug me. She still looked just as graceful and majestic as the last time I saw her. Her warm smile warmed my heart as we embraced, her soft, white hair brushing my cheek. "You look so different!" she exclaimed.

"A good different?" I asked nervously, fighting the urge to blush.

"A very good different," she told me with a nod. "It's been too long!" I flooded with warmth at the changed in subject.

She took a full minute to stand there and admire Taylor; I guess she couldn't really believe he was here in the flesh. "Well, hello, Mr. Lautner," she greeted him smoothly, trying to hide her excitement and doing a pretty good job. As for the rest of my family members (female cousins, aunts) they could do a better job at hiding their gawking. They were all like a little mini paparazzi group that looked a little like me. He was the perfect gentlemen as I brought him around to meet the whole family, shaking hands and offering hugs. Even signing autographs! I just smiled and shook my head at them.

Christmas morning was fantastic, the absolute best. We woke up and got dressed with contentment. I was truly enjoying the blanket of snow on the ground, and Taylor promised me we'd go out later and play for a bit. Everyone wore bright smiles and joyous expressions. I was so happy to be home with all my family who loved me. I was especially glad that they seemed to accept my boyfriend with wide open arms. I hope one day they could grow to love him as much as I do. Well, that's just not possible, I thought. My smile never wavered.

However, I was a little suspicious because both my parents kept looking at me like they knew something I didn't.

Weird.

And of course, I never got tired of looking at Taylor. Whenever I did, his face lit up like a Christmas tree. But then again, he still does that even when it's not Christmas. I was so excited to give him his gift because I know he won't be expecting this. I just hope he likes it as much as I think he will.

"Merry Christmas," Taylor whispered while snaking his arms around me from behind. I relaxed against his body and laid my head against his strong chest. I nearly melted in his arms.

"Merry Christmas," I replied lazily, my eyes closed with a dreamy smile on my face.

"Are you ready for today?"

"I was born ready," I told him, turning around in his arms. I smiled wider at our color-coordinated sweaters for today. Believe it or not, it was his idea! "Even though it hasn't really started yet, this is still the best Christmas ever."

"And why's that?" he asks, after kissing my forehead.

"Because I have you, and you're everything to me."

His expression warmed tremendously, and he leant down to kiss me tenderly, tightening his arms around me. I was lost in the way he made me feel. His touch sent sparks flying, every time. I had a hard time remembering that my family was all over this house right now.

"I love you," he told me. After that, we gathered our things and headed downstairs to join in on the flurry of activities. I took note of the way Taylor looked at me before we descended the steps. I knew he was excited, but his expression was beyond that. I narrowed my eyes slightly in suspicion and continued on down the steps.

"Merry Christmas, everyone!" Taylor exclaimed as he literally jumped down the stairs. Everyone laughed and enjoyed his presence, but my suspicions only grew that much more. I mean, he's not a hermit on a normal day, but he was seriously happier than a kid locked in a candy store.

"The kids woke up early this morning for gifts, so now it's time for the adults," Grandma announced. She winked at Taylor. How could I miss that!

What is going on?

I blindly paid attention to everyone else opening their gifts. I was too busy trying to put together the puzzle pieces before my eyes. Something fishy is going on around here, and I won't rest until I figure out what it is.

"Merry Christmas, Taylor!" I smiled while handing him his gift, trying to hold back my suspicions until later tonight.

"Aw, you didn't have to get me anything!" he said, bashfully.

"Please," I said flippantly, bouncing in my seat for him to open it. When he finally did, the look on his face was priceless.

"I'll never take it off!" he said, holding up the t-shirt with my face on it! There was also a poster of me, and an 8x10 picture of us in an intricate frame that I decorated myself. I was just mimicking the gift he gave me earlier this year when he left for New York. So now, he can take some of me with him when he travels. "I love it! Everything," he said, grinning widely. "It's perfect."

"There's a note in the picture frame, but you can read that later," I whispered, kissing his cheek. He blushed ever so slightly.

"I love it, Rachel. Thank you so much."

"You're very welcome," I told him. Score!

"Now it's your turn," he said solemnly, looking at me with extremely serious and intense eyes. His lips shook slightly, all playfulness was gone.

The blood drained from my face.

Everyone around us seemed to stop what they were doing and gathered around to watch.

"Rachel," he started, getting down on one knee. "I love you more than anything. You mean everything to me. It makes me sad to imagine not being able to share my life with you. You complete me in a way that I've never experienced before, and I am so glad to have found you. Will you make me the happiest guy in the world and become my wife?"

I stopped breathing a long time ago, so I couldn't speak. I was so shocked!

"Of course I'll marry you!" I whispered to him. His eyes glistened slightly with tears of joy, and his seemed to spill over at exactly the same time that mine did. He stood up and lifted me in his arms, spinning me around a few times. Our joyous laughter mingled together as he placed me back on my feet. I hugged him tightly as he kissed me. I never wanted to let him go. Now, I mused, I won't have to.

The rest of Christmas day seemed to pass by in one huge blur. I wasn't aware of much of anything except the fact that I was now engaged to Taylor Lautner. I could have never foreseen that my life would be so complete before. I'm in love with the greatest, most perfect guy in the world. And somehow, he loves me back. Joy and happiness flood my entire being whenever we're together, and I have trouble focusing on anything but him when we're away for too long. I love him more than I'd ever imagined possible. He makes me smile at the most odd times, he makes me laugh whenever I feel like crying, he constantly reminds of how extremely fortunate I am, and I will forever be grateful to have him.

In other words, I cannot wait to marry this magnificent man.

This has by far been the absolute best Christmas ever, I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more. We stopped hugging for a moment so he could slide the ring on my finger. It fit perfectly, and took my breath away. A platinum band with a beautiful oval shaped white diamond surrounded by other tiny diamonds encrusted around it. It was elegant and extremely beautiful. It made me want to cry even more.

"Taylor I love you. You are everything to me," I whispered solemnly in his ear as he hugged me again.

"I love you too, Rachel. And I absolutely can't wait to marry you."

"I can't either," I told him, shaking my head incredulously. Who cares that I'm still in college, or that I still have my whole life ahead of me? I don't care at all because Taylor literally is my life now. I can't picture us not being together. With another glance at this breathtakingly gorgeous engagement ring, I know now that we'll never have to be apart.

I don't know how, but my smile grew even wider, exposing both rows of my teeth. When I looked back to peer into Taylor's eyes, his expression said it all. He mirrored all my emotions, and then some.

"Congratulations honey," my mom came over to us and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks!" I told her breathlessly.

"Sweetheart, you don't know how badly I wanted to tell you about it before!" she playfully wiped her hand across her forehead, exhaling dramatically. I laughed at her.

"How long have you known about this?" I asked.

"A couple weeks now," she answered. I narrowed my eyes playfully at Taylor.

"Well I'm glad you waited," I told him. "This has really been the best Christmas ever," I told him earnestly. I went into his open arms that encircled my waist.

"Alright, that's enough PDA!" my dad declared. We all laughed and shook our heads. Taylor winked at me, and in spite of myself, I winked right back.

*********** 2 weeks later ***********

"July 12th," Taylor said matter-of-factly. I wasn't personally offended if we decided to get married tomorrow, but I understand that he's still filming for the movie, and I'm still in school...we just agreed that it will be better to wait for summer time, when we have fewer obligations.

"Sounds perfect," I said while taking a slow bite of ice cream. I've been craving ice cream lately, which is insane considering how chilly it is outside.

"Can I get a bite of that?" he asked, inching closer to me.

"No!" I said, jumping up suddenly with the half gallon secured in my hands.

"Come on, just one wittle bite?" he asked again with puppy dog eyes.

"When we bought this ice cream at the store, I asked you if you wanted any, and you said 'no thanks," I quoted him, laughing. He came dangerously closer.

"That was before I saw you eating it like that," he exclaimed, smiling mischievously.

"Like what?" I asked.

"So...sexy."

I immediately blushed and came closer to him. "Like this?" I asked, seductively putting another spoonful to my mouth.

"Yes," he said quietly, leaning in for a kiss. Just like every other time, I closed my eyes in preparation. Just as I closed them, I felt the ice cream get taken from my hands. My eyes flew open, and Taylor was halfway across the room.

"Oh you are going to get it!" I exclaimed, running after him.

"Not if you don't catch me," he said, flying around the living room with Roxy right behind him, barking excitedly.

"How about this? You have five seconds to bring that ice cream back to me. Or else."

"Or else what?"

"I'll move our wedding date to July 13th!" I said, emphasizing that it would be one day later than what we planned.

"No!" he shouted, running over to me right away. I laughed as he picked me up, putting the ice cream back in my hands. It was all mushy now, I'd lost my appetite for it. At least for tonight anyway.

"I'm just kidding," I said, "I would never move the big day any farther away. Six months is already far enough."

"Good," he breathed. I reached behind him and placed the ice cream on the counter. "You don't want that anymore?"

"No," I answered, locking his gaze with mine. "I have a taste for something else..."

No other words were exchanged, just giggles and laughter as he carried me into the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:

vote/comment/follow!!!!!!

oh and don't forget to check out that song, Beautiful To Me by Josiah Hawley

the link is to the right!!!!!!!! ----------------------->>>>>>

love you guys!! :)