Chapter Sixteen - Receiving Assistance

Words can't explain how sorry I am for not uploading sooner!! I hate making you guys wait so long, but I couldn't help it. Things just kept coming up........and yeah, I couldn't catch any time to myself. But now I'm back with more story!!! :) Hopefully, I can upload again on sunday before the school week starts back up, but I'm not making any promises!!!!

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!

Dedication goes to Mrs__Simmons for become my 15th fan!!! You are so awesome and I love you so freaking much for fanning me. Enjoy your chapter :)

Also, I have over 1,000 reads. I'm really speechless about that. Thanks so much guys, you don't know how much that means to me!! Thanks guys!!!!

Okay, now for the story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, I had a dreamless sleep. The most peaceful sleep I've had in weeks. My body was relaxed, my mind was fresh, and all my worries seemed to be permanently gone from my mind until I thought of them on my own. But this was a first, and that made me very happy.

I smiled as I stared up at the ceiling above me, watching the ceiling fan go round and round in a blur. I turned to my left and saw the reason for my happiness was not there, but instead I found a folded sheet of paper that had my name on the front.

Morning, beautiful

If you're reading this, it means I've gone back home to get ready for work already. I hope you have a fantastic day, and I can't wait to see you later tonight? (Please?)

Taylor

I read the note over and over about a hundred times, smiling widely like an idiot for no reason in particular. I just smiled because I felt special, knowing that another person in this world cared for me. A very significant person at that. I reached over to the side where he slept next to me last night, running my hand over the sheets, catching his scent that clung to the fabric; I inhaled it in deeply.

After a shower and some breakfast, I remembered the last thing I thought about last night before I went to bad; then I knew what I had to do. I grabbed my purse and dashed to my car, speeding down the road to the house I'd only been to a few times before.

I walked slowly up the sidewalk surrounded by a well-manicured lawn with a large collection of bright, summery flowers on either side. The porch was decorated with several potted plants and a charming garden gnome. It was obvious that someone spent a large chunk of time out here.

My hand twitched slightly as I reached up to the wall before I slowly rang the doorbell with unneccesary precision. 

Breathe, I told myself. I was mentally freaking out, because the realization of what I was about to do just hit me at once. I considered turning around and going back home, but I decided not to be a coward and do what I came here to do. 

But then again, maybe no one's home. I didn't notice any cars out front when I drove up....

Just when I was getting ready to head back to my car, I saw movement behind the frosted glass door and knew it was too late to escape this. I had to do this for my sanity, and for the sake of my and Taylor's relationship. I mean, he handled that a lot better than I thought he would. Or a lot better than I would've done if the situation were in reverse.

The door opened to reveal just the person I wanted to see. Her eyes widened as she took in my crazed expression and I wordlessly stepped inside.

*******************

"It's really good to see you, Kendra, things have been pretty crazy lately," I said as our feet kicked back in forth in her beautiful blue swimming pool.