14: The promise and regrets

Chaeyoung's POV

"Answer be Byun Baekhyun !! You left me. I was all alone. I loved you and y-you left me... How can I ever trust you again ??" I poured out all my feelings that I bottled up in the past few years.
He was shocked. He couldn't answer.

"C-chae..." He whispered.

"You can't stay, can you. I knew it. Baekhyun, I know that you're happy right now. You achieved everything in life. You got to be an idol like you dreamed. It was your biggest dream and you have it now. Fame, success, everything. But me... I only have two 5 year olds who mean the world to me with me. But I'm more than happy with just that. You have what you want and I have what I want. Why can't we just live the same way we used to live 2 days ago ?? Why change now ?? After 5 years..." I ended my long speech and Baekhyun stayed silent for a while and finally answered.

"You are right. I am successful in life. I have fame, money and everything. I achieved my biggest dream by becoming an idol. But do you know the one thing I don't have Chae ?? It's Happiness. You told me that I'm so happy. You are just simply assuming stuff. The one thing I don't have in this world is You... You're my happiness Chae... Money, fame or success can never give me the happiness I really want. The only one thing I want in this world is you. Now that I know about my kids, I want them too. And about your question. It's true that I left you. I regretted it at every stage of my life. I wanted you by my side whenever I won an award and whenever I sang upon the stage. I wanted you to cheer for me. That never happened. But I wanna make it happen. I want it to be true." He said and I was frozen. He left me completely speechless.

"Chae, I promise you. If you let me be their father I would never ever even think about leaving you three. I would always be there for you guys as a loving father, idol of the family and... What am I to you again ??" He asked me confused at what he should call me.

"I don't know... Wife ??" I said without thinking and immediately regretted it.