One night at the club

rain poured like crazy … All of the otha cars had long been gone from the lot … Jamal sat in the back of the car .. holding his tears back …..replaying the events over and over again …… He saw several lights flash as they passed the parking lot …. Then he saw it …… The 92 Lincoln Town car……Baby Blue … ‘9 Brown’ on the plates …… He wished they had called sumone else …… he sunk deeper into the car knowing that thee rest of the night wasn’t going to be a good one ……

“Thank you officer … I’ll take him home ….” Rev. Brown spoke as she closed the door to her car ….. Jamal was the preacher’s son … and well … PK’s are known for trouble … but this was the first time he had been in any trouble at all ….. His dad followed in his car as he rode in the car with the Right Rev. Brown …..  “What in God’s name were you thinking??? Do you know how many people know me???? And you think  people don’t talk??? You are so lucky that Dea. McIntyre called me and they are not gonna press charges ……. What do you have to say for your self?????”   Jamal sat in the window … he zoned out …… he didn’t want to be there … he wanted to be back at home in his room … where he should have stayed that night ………

“Jamal Mi’kel Brown …. I am talking to you and I expect that you listen ….”  Jamal snapped back to attention …. “I’m … I’m sorry ma …” “You right … You are sorry ..the sorriest piece of filth I’ve ever known ….. Why … Why have you embarrassed me like this???? I let things slide before with CJ ….. and you know how Jackie talk …. But now this?????”  She always brought that up whenever something like this happened ….  “Ma … I dunno .. I was just … trying to have a good time … I didn’t mean to do this …. It’s … its just who I am …..”  “No who you are …… is someone who is being misguided by the devil and your cousin Alex …… but don’t worry .. I’m gonna put an end to this …… TODAY ….. For the summer ….. You will be attending Bible Camp at Liberty University with Jerry Falwell ….. He promised to watch out for you and to ensure that you are covered with the blood of Jesus …..”

“But mother …. I have to be at two youth camps this summer and music camp ….” Jamal pleaded as the pulled up to the 5-bedroom mansion in Crystal Lakes …… “Nothing else about it …… You are 17 Jamal ….. you will be graduating this year and I can’t even trust you to go to the store and come home … instead .. you ride all the way over to some Gay Bar and are caught in the backseat of a car kissing some Man whore …. Are you a Streetwalker??? Have you touched your stepsiblings???? I can’t even trust you around the youth at church … Your  kind aren’t trustable ….”  “My kind???? Ma .. with all due respect ..I would never do that to anyone …. I love my family and I love the church … I can’t help the way I feel ….. I’m just being me …..” Jamal fought the tears back …. That last statement hurt him hard … 

“You are not being you … I did not raise you like this … and GOD is not pleased … you will attend Bible study …. And you are on punishment …..Nothing else …… That’s all …” She opened the car door leaving Jamal in the back seat of the car … his eyes red from crying … He sat for a second …… how did he let this happen???  That damn cop came over and wanted to be picking on him … they wasn’t doing anything but kissing … “Why ……” Jamal asked himself as he walked up the staircase to his room ….. He lay on his bed .. his clothes still wet from the rain, which had long ago stopped falling ….  Wat was wrong with him???? He was 6’2, brownskin, brown eyes, pretty nice body .. he could have any girl he wanted … but he didn’t want a girl … he wanted a guy ….. He had been hanging out in the clubs since his bday a few weeks ago ….. and he loved it … He met so many folk …. And he was just like them … for once he fit in somewhere …….

*Ring ring* 
Jamal’s celly went off …. He didn’t recognize the number ….. “Hello?”  “Jamal??? Are u okay?? What happened?”  Alex spoke through the phone .. he had got a call from the police officer asking to pick him up from the parking lot or he was gonna get put in jail …. So he called Rev. Brown ….. “I got busted in the Buddy’s lot …. I was there talking with James … and he was kissin on me … and then that damn cop busted me for being underage after curfew ….”  Jamal tried to explain without raising his voice ….. but he couldn’t help but get upset ….. “damn … I told u not to go out without me …. Are u ok??”  “I’m fine .. but ma’s not …she sending me to some damn camp …… I aint goin tho … I’ll kill myself before I go ….”  “Oh you’re going to that camp … and give me that phone!!!!”  Jamal  hadn’t seen his mother come in to try and apologize for speakin to him that way ….. She was a god fearing woman …but his mother none the less …… but hearing him talking with such ‘gayness’ made her even more determined to get him right ……

She slapped Jamal and close the phone ….. “Jamal … get in your bed and I don’t expect to hear anything from you ….” She dabbed some holy oil on her palm and slapped his forehead again …..*Wham*  

Jamal cried …….  Rev. Brown turned and walked away … “Oh .. and don’t even think about using the house phone or your car ……”  She closed the door …. Jamal kept crying …. Why was his life like this … Last year he wasn’t even in any trouble … and now in less than a month ….. life took a turn for the worse ….. He looked down at the mirror …and he saw nothing … he had nothing to live for … he was an embarrassment to his family …. And more importantly … the guy he thought was gonna love him just left him in the parking lot … never even called to check or see if he was ok …. His hands shook as he took the scissors out of the drawer …….  “Nothing to live for ….” He repeated as he walked out the door and down the stairs …..

He continued to walk til he got to the park .. hopefully he’d fall into the lake and his body would never be recovered ….  No one would miss him … just another waste of space ………  He cried more as the blade started to pierce his skin …. As he started to pass out, he walked further into the water …… he heard a voice ….. He hoped it was God telling him to come back ….. but it wasn’t … it was the person that was meant to change The Preacher’s son’s life.