Chapter 16

I stay on the couch but sit up. Carter stands in front of me with his hackles raised, growling menacingly at Daly.

Although it was real sweet of Carter to try and protect me, I didn't actually want him to hurt Daly. So I wrapped my arms around Carter Wolfs neck and pulled him back until he was sitting on his haunches between my thighs. Carter stopped growling but now Daly was growling and shaking.

I let go of Carter's neck and moved away from him a bit, but stayed close enough that I could grab him if I needed to. As soon as I let go of him I noticed Daly calm slightly, but he was still very much on edge and staring at Carter with an intense look of hatred.

Before I could think of anything to say Aiden, Brady, Alex and Vince walked in and stood with Daly. I relaxed further and so did Carter at the sight of Alex and Vince.

"What's so urgent that you guys needed to bust down the door? You know it wasn't locked right!?" I ask sarcastically. Carter gives a wolfy chuckle. I look at him and grin too.

"He was all over you! Licking you! And you were laughing!" Daly growls in anger. My heart gives a hard thump at his tone. He's jealous! I guess I would be too if it was the other way around. But I'm still not sure if he rejected me because of the spell or something else. Until I do... but even then, the rejection has already happened. No taking that back. I sigh quietly.

"Well his tongue is rough and tickled, what was I supposed to do, cry?" I ask nonchalantly. Daly stiffens at my response.

"No, not cry, but maybe push him away, punch him in the face, I don't know, many other things that didn't have his tongue on your body!" He's practically shouting at me at the end. I stand up quickly and hiss at him.

"Lower your voice or get the fuck out of my place Daly. My pregnant sister in law is sleeping and if you disturb her rest I'm going to be pissed!" I say angrily. At my words Alex smiles at me lovingly. I look at Carter.

"You should be healed by now, shift back and get dressed so we can figure out what the hell is going on here!" He nods and shifts back to human. He stands in front of us all nakedly and proudly. He turns his back on the others and faces me, and with a smirk and a wink asks me in a voice meant to be sensual, but I could hear the underlying laughter in it,

"Sugar, you got me naked, so you want to dress me too? Seeing you on your knees in front of me is going to star in my dreams for months to come!" But he had pushed Daly too far. I saw him pounce at Carter's neck and moved to stop him from doing something he would regret.

I threw myself at him. I felt his claws sink into my side as we went toppling over the coffee table. The sudden impact of the floor seemed to snap him out of his rage. I had him pinned except for the hand on my waist with the claws in my side. Fuck that hurts! I tried not to move. I didn't want to cause him to tear any internal organs.

I felt like the world had frozen. He got me real good. I was losing alot of blood, and I was losing it fast because I couldn't heal with his claws still embedded in me. Aiden seemed to notice my situation first.

"Daly? Brother? Snap out of it! You're killing her! You're killing your mate! Carefully retract your claws!" Aiden says with a hint of his Alpha command.

Dalys eyes widen and I can feel his claws retract, then he gently removes his hand from my side. As soon as he does Vince grabs me off him and carries me back to the couch. I hear Daly trying to control his growls. Then I see him get a good look at the damage he caused and his face drained of all color. I thought he was going to pass out.

"No! I'm so sorry Loxley, I'm so fucking sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I swear it!" He tried to come to me on the couch but both Vince and Carter growled viciously at him, warning him away. He must have been feeling really guilty that he didn't take offense at them trying to keep him away. He faced Alex,