Chapter 15

I hope this asshole has a good explanation. He gulps loudly and looks at Jesse in panic.

"Loxley, we're sooo sorry. Carter came here to meet you because I was raving about how amazing and gorgeous you were, and when he got here Alex told him he had no chance with you so he better not try anything, and then Carter said he could get any girl, and Alex said you would kick his ass cause you're stronger, then Carter said let's test you to see how strong you really are, and then you came home and you know the rest!" Jesse said all in one breath.

I stared at her for a second before I broke into laughter. Damn. That was impressive. Alex, Jesse and Carter looked at each other uncomfortably but didn't comment. I took a deep breath to calm myself but a couple of chuckles still escaped. I saw Vince smirking and looking at me.

"Breath Jesse. Geez woman, you're going to hyperventilate. I'm not going to kill Carter. At least not today. But if he's as obnoxious as you just made him sound, I'm sure he'll do or say something that'll change that some time in the future!" I say with a sinister look at Carter. His eyes bulge. Vince and Alex crack up laughing. Carter and Jesse frown at them and I laugh again.

"Relax, now we know that there was a spell on the cabin, we can wipe the slate clean and start anew. First things first, Carter strip and shift so you can heal quickly." I say. I see everyone relax when I tell them it's a clean slate. I see Carter smirk when I tell him to strip.

"You want to give me a hand sugar? Since you broke my wrist you know!?" He says flirting. Vince snarls but I just laugh.

I can tell he's harmless. He might be a player, but that's the females faults for falling for his bullshit too. No guy can be a player if women didn't keep throwing themselves at them. I shake my head mockingly at Carter.

"Boy, do you really think you can handle me!? Ok then, let me help you!" I say. I see Alex and Vince frown but they say nothing. Jesse gives her brother a look that's half smirk half apologetic. I walk towards Carter, putting a bit of extra sway to my hips, I see him swallow loudly and lick his lips. Poor boy.

"Jesse you should really go lie down for a while. Alex and Vince, maybe you should both check around the cabin for any signs of witchcraft and then go visit Aiden and let him know what's happened. I don't know if the spell only worked while in the cabin or if it carried on after leaving. Either way, it should have broken now, and they're going to be very confused." I command. Then I remember that Alex is the Alpha and can't be commanded.

"Sorry Alex, I didn't mean to command you! I'm used to telling members what to do cause Peter said I was so good at strategizing. Sorry brother!" I say quickly. Alex frowns to himself, then he looks at me and smiles.

"I get it Lox, I really do. I know you aren't used to pack hierarchy, but you're also Alpha Female, giving orders and leading comes naturally to you. Relax, we're good sis! And your ideas are on point. Vince and I'll go while Jesse rests. I'll let you deal with Carter!" He says with a sinister chuckle.

With those words he kisses Jesse and takes her to the spare room for a nap. While he's gone Vince crosses his arms and glares at Carter. Carter raises a brow at Vince and smirks. Cocky. I get a sudden thought and turn to Vince.

"Bae, if there's a protection mark against witchcraft, why don't all pack members get it automatically?" I ask Vince. I see Carter frown at Vince when I call him Bae. This boy thinking he has a chance with me and getting all possessive lol.

"The mark is very painful chicca! I've never experienced being rejected, but I've been told that it's more painful than that!" I don't flinch from his words but something must have shown on my face, because Vince himself flinched and apologized. I just shrug and nod for him to continue.