Chapter 18

I jerk in surprise at the shouts from all three of the O'Brian brothers.

"What? What happened?" I say, looking out the windows trying to figure out what made them all shout like that.

Aiden and Brady growl lightly with clenched teeth. I turn to Daly and see he's practically panting where he sits with his hands clenched tightly into fists. His eyes are flickering between gold and blue.

"Oh. Ooohhhh! Uhh sorry!?" I say uncertainly, finally figuring out that there's no danger, just a horny wolf lol. "Ok continue with the info  Brady. I need a distraction!" I say. He takes a deep breath and then flinches as he gets a whiff of my scent. Daly stiffens when he notices too. I place a calming hand over one of his clenched fists and he relaxes.

"Everything about you is unique Loxley. It's probably because you're an elemental and have Alpha blood, but when a she-wolf scents, it means she wants to mate, so any unmated wolf that is attracted to her will be aware and can make a move. Mated and especially marked wolves aren't usually affected by the scent. It's probably just because we're in this enclosed space and you are throwing out ALOT of scent!"

Daly smirks at that and winks at me. I laugh with an eye roll at him.
Brady rolls his eyes at Daly too and continues.

"Anyway, all wolves will automatically be drawn to any female who they think can give them strong pups, so the stronger the she-wolf, the stronger the pup. And I don't think there's any she-wolf stronger than you. When wolves meet their mates, their scent starts to change, and when they finally mate and mark each other and especially after she has a pup, the she-wolfs scent mixes with his as hers does with his, and it let's others know that they're both claimed. But with your bond broken, you smell like pure power! Your scent is calling to be claimed!" Brady says and I notice his eyes flash gold for a quick second. He looks at Daly in apology.

"Sorry. You know I don't think of her that way. I love Maggie. But the call to power is strong in our wolves. That's why it's going to be hard for you Loxley. Wolves are going to be drawn to you. Even without your scent you are absolutely gorgeous. You are what humans call 'the total package!' I can tell you don't like taking orders from anyone, but I really think you should keep Daly with you. If his scent surrounds you all the time, it might help minimize unwanted attention!" Brady finishes off.

"So what you're saying is, is that my scent is stronger than normal she-wolves and will cause wolves to try to jump my bones to procreate? Is that right!?" They all nod. "Wow. Ok then. I don't personally smell any different to myself but I'll take your word for it. Does this mean you're going to do Senior year of high school with me Daly?" He groans in fake agony.

"Babe, are you trying to kill me!? All those horny teenage boys trying to maul you constantly. All those brainless girls trying to get into my pants. Do we have to!?"

"Hmmm, I didn't think of all the girls. How about we try a week. Then reevaluate?" I ask him. Aiden laughs from the drivers seat.

"I give you a single day Loxley! You don't have the temperament to deal with high school pettiness!" Aiden claims with a laugh.

"I give you more than a day but less than a week. I think you'll give it a fair shot. But you are different. Even without all the supernatural you haven't exactly been raised like the average person. Don't let society dictate your normal. Being a badass warrior in our pack is Maggie's normal. She never had the temperament to deal with school etc either. There's no shame in that." Brady says gently and kindly.

I think over their words. My life isn't normal. Why am I so set on going to high school? To feel normal? But I'm not normal, and I think it's time I owned that. The thought of a bunch of girls chasing Daly around while I was busy in classes wasn't appealing either.