Chapter 6

I see Alex frown at Daly but he doesn't contradict his words.

"Punishable by death? What is a mate?" I ask.

I better find out what this is, if it's such a serious penalty to mess with it.

Alex sighs. "We better go in and talk about it. Even though I wish we didn't. Daly, you better join us. You too Aiden and Stella. Everyone else get home. Now!" He adds an Alpha command to the last word.

I understood why, at the newest drama, everyone had frozen and was watching us like we were acting in their favorite soap opera.

At Alex's words Daly bounded up and grabbed my hands. I felt that earlier jolt again, and I felt like electricity was running over my skin. I see his eyes widen again like before and he draws closer to me.

Alex just sighs again at the sight of us but he doesn't comment. When everyone else has left, the five of us walk into my house.

I try to let go of Dalys hand but he whines slightly and holds tighter.

"Will you give her some space dude, she doesn't know what's happening. If she bolts because you've freaked her out, I swear I'll kill you!" Alex growls at Daly.

Daly let's go of my hand. You can  see he's unhappy to do it. I take everyone through to the lounge.

When I sit down, Daly sits next to me. So close our arms and thighs are touching. I'm not usually one that likes physical contact, but the feel of Daly calms me and excites me.

"Ok, well mates are..." Alex is interrupted suddenly by Daly growling.

Daly had leaned into my side and was sniffing me. Being around humans for so long, the sniffing was still a bit strange for me.

"Why do you smell like Beta Vince?!" Daly growls. I cock a brow at his tone. It should anger me, but his possessive tone was making my inner wolf purr. Do wolves even purr??

"I'm still wearing his top!" I reply to him. He looks at the top I'm wearing and frowns harder.

"He saw you naked!"

"Everyone saw me naked! Not just him" I thought pointing that out would calm him down. Instead he growls again and starts pacing.

Alex and Aiden get up quickly and go to Daly.

"Hey, calm dude. We're wolves. Being naked is part of what we deal with. She didn't do anything wrong!" Alex says to Daly.

"And she isn't showing Vince any special treatment. He was just being a good Beta. It was Alex that told him to give his shirt to Loxley!" Aiden adds in.

Stella sits next to me. I look at her completely astonished by the guys behaviour. She laughs at my expression.

"Let's go to the porch. Talk, girl to girl." I nod at her and we leave the guys in the lounge and head to the porch.

As we sit on the porch, I take a deep breath and blow it out loudly. 
Stella laughs lightly.

"This must all be so overwhelming for you! You've been attacked twice in one day, found a twin, had a magic block removed, then found your mate. All in one afternoon! I'm surprised you haven't run off screaming yet!" Stella laughs again. I smile at her and sigh.

"Can you please tell me what a mate is? I hate not knowing what everyone else does!" She nods.

"A mate is your other half. They are the person that the moon goddess has made just for you. The legend is that, that the moon goddess, to keep our race thriving, took each wolf soul, and tore it in half, placing each half in separate bodies, so they would find one another, and continue to populate the species. They are the one and only person that is absolutely perfect for you, because they are literally the other half of your soul!" She finishes her explanation and stares at me, waiting for my reply.