Chapter 5

I sit on my bike in the garage. Not really knowing what to do. I don't know why I freaked out and ran the way I did. I'm not a coward! But I feel.... too much!

I'm not sure how much time has passed while I've been sitting there, but I hear tyres coming up my drive. Alot of them.

I get off my bike, grab my guns, and walk casually out of the garage!

I see Alex and Vince in the first car. There's others in the backseat. Then I see 6 more cars. They've blocked my drive and most are parked haphazardly wherever they can find room.

I see Aiden and his pack is here too. Have these guys never heard of personal space?!

Alex separates from the others and steps towards me. I could see he was upset. Sad but also angry.

"What the hell was that Lexi?!" he growls at me. I jerk at him calling me Lexi. I remembered that was my name, but that's not who I am anymore. I'm Loxley Lee, not Lexi Anderson!

"Don't call me that! My names Loxley! What are you all doing here? I said I wanted to be left alone!" I growl back at him.

"It's your fucking name, that's why! I know you remember now! I saw what you saw! Why are you denying who you are!? You come from Alpha blood! You have responsibilities to our pack!"

He's shouting at me now, so angry his whole body is shaking. It's like his anger is feeding mine. I'm losing control of my mask.

"I'm just an ex gang member, trying to start new. I don't want to be part of a pack! I don't want to lead a pack. I'm my own mother fucking person. DON'T FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!"

I roar the last sentence so loud that I see the leaves on some of the trees shake. I lost control of my temper. I see everyone but Alex and Aiden flinch and bow their heads at my tone. Alex smirks at me.

"Really? You're just a nobody? Then why did you use an Alpha tone and command just now!?"

I jerk at his words. What? I did? But even as I thought it, I knew it was true. I had felt the pure power coming from my voice. I sigh.

"Alex! I've been trained to feel nothing! But you,... you cause me to feel too much! I can't keep my mask on when I'm with you!"

I hate admitting this to him, especially with all these people witnessing it. But he deserves to know why I ran. Why I'm going to be leaving now. Before he can say anything I decide to just get it over with.

"Listen, I know you're good people. But I think it might be better if I just leave. We can keep in touch if you like!?" I ask the last uncertainly.

He starts shaking his head no, and my heart breaks, seeing I've lost him, just when I've found him. But I'm the one abandoning him, I have no right to be upset. He walks right up to me, draws me into a hug and squeezes me tight.

"Please don't leave. I need you. I'll beg if you want. Just stay with me sister! Please!" he whispered these words in my ear while hugging me so tight, like he was trying to merge us into one.

I couldn't believe he offered to beg me. He's an Alpha! But he was willing to make himself look weak in front of both packs, just to have me with him.

I let my senses join with his and all I could feel was a deep, never-ending pool of love. My heart, always so cold, felt like it was sitting in a fire pit.

Why was I fighting this?

"You are with family now Loxley, you don't need your mask anymore!" Alex says.

I jerk back slightly and look into my brothers eyes. He's right! I don't need to hide who I am anymore. I can just be me. The new me, who has a family, a pack.