Chapter 21

Say what now!!!!

"Babe, you ok?" Daly asks me gently. It's been a few minutes since he dropped that bombshell on me and since then I've been struggling with my thoughts and words. I finally manage a single word.

"Explain!" I say. He releases a deep breath.

"Fuck babe, you scared the shit out of me, I thought you were going into shock and there's not much I can do right now!" He waves his hand at the general area of our groins. I can't help the chuckle that escapes me. He smiles brightly at the sound of my laughter.

"I love you Loxley. So fucking much. When I saw you flip, so fast I was barely able to see you, then the shot, mid leap! It was beautiful. You were so graceful. So poised. So untouchable. The only thought in my head was that I wanted to see you move again. Then later that night I got my wish when Alex attacked you in the diner. Seeing you in action had me hard as a rock, and I couldn't understand why. No one had ever had that strong an affect on me before. I had a feeling then that you might be my mate, but my thoughts kept getting muddled. I see now that must have been whatever spell was put on you and the cabin affecting us all. When you shifted and I saw your wolf, I felt my heart stop. Because you were even more graceful as a wolf.
Then we find out your Alex's sister and I was so happy Lox, because I thought, yes, she'll stay close now, and with us being allies, I'll get to meet her, the sight of you naked was branded to my mind, every blink and there you were, naked, it was ridiculous, we're wolves, we see naked bodies all the time, yours couldn't be any different,  but then you ran, and even though we hadn't spoken a single word to each other, even though you hadn't even looked at me once, I knew that I loved you, and when I found out we were mates, I felt like my every dream and desire had just been granted. I almost killed myself after the rejection, the pain was so excruciating. But worse than the pain, was the thought of never being able to touch you again, to watch some other mans seed take route and watch you have his pups. I know this is all really fast. I know the thought of having a pup so quickly is scary, but I faced the real possibility of losing my chance at fathering your pups, and I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I'm unhappy with the situation, I'm not, I'm ecstatic. Knotting is so rare Lox! It's the moon goddesses way of making sure we have a pup! Of making sure our essences are merged forever! Even witchcraft can't undo this!"

After that long explanation I stare at Daly with new eyes. He's loved me from the first. Even before the mate bond. Knowing that he wants me for me and not just because of a magical connection makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"I love you too Daly. That was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me! Thank you!" I say with a kiss. He kisses me back.

"What about the prospect of a pup?" He asks while kissing down my neck. I can feel my heart rate speed up. I moan lightly.

"As long as every day is full of you making my body sing like this babe, I'll have as many pups as you like!" I humm at him. He pulls back with a grin.

"Really!? Good to know! Since we're stuck together, literally right now, would you like to sing for me my love!?" Daly asks cheekily. I lick my lips and nod enthusiastically. He grins wider.

He starts by running his fingers over my collarbone and over my mark. "It's beautiful Loxley, uniquely us!" I look at his neck and smile at my mark on him. It's the elements surrounding two wolves protectively, as they are wrapped around each others bodies.

"We won't be able to hide that I'm an elemental with a mark like that!" I tell him. Then I forget all thoughts as he leans forwards and sucks on my nipples.

"Ooohhhhhh..." he grins at me when he hears me moaning.

"We were made for each other Lox, we fit together perfectly! My mate! The mother of my pups!" He grins again with that thought. He's really excited about the prospect of being a father!