Chapter 7

I feel like someone just threw a bucket of ice cold water over us.

We were still pressed against each other, but too surprised to move quite yet.

"Get your paws off my sister Daly! Now!" Alex growled.

I could sense the inner battle going  on with Daly. He wanted to listen, because it was an Alpha giving him an order. But his need to be with his mate, to be with me, that was causing him conflict.

I decided to help out. I don't want a fight to start in the kitchen. They could easily demolish the place.

I push Daly back slightly and jump down from the bench. I see the hurt in his eyes before he looks away, trying to hide it. Alex smirks at him.

I grab Dalys hand. He snaps his head around to look at me. I smile gently at him. He smiles back at me. Alex growls.

"Oh come on Alex! They're fully clothed for fucks sake! I think Dalys been quite patient. You understand how hard it is when you meet your mate, how you need to be constantly touching them! You're just being a cock block cause Jesse ain't around!" Aiden scoffs at Alex.

"Who's Jesse?" I ask. Alex looks at me and I'm surprised to see his expression soften.

"She's my mate. She's visiting her old pack with our dad. I had pack business I couldn't put off, so she went without me. I was supposed to meet her tomorrow, but now I've found you... I don't want to leave you!" Alex says, coming and sitting on my other side on the couch that Daly and I had sat down on.

So much information! Where to start!

"What do you mean with our dad?I  thought he must be dead for you to be Alpha?" I ask. I hear the hitch in my voice but try to ignore it. Daly gives my hand a gentle squeeze.

I appreciate it more than I can explain. I feel like his touch is the only thing keeping me grounded right now.

"There's so much to tell you sister. But this whole mate thing sort of threw everything out of balance." Alex sighs lightly.

"Our mother is dead. She died a couple of years after you were taken. She was with pup and had a difficult pregnancy and an even harder labour. Neither of them survived." Alex stops to give me a chance to process what he's just told me. When I'm ready to hear more I nod.

"Our father is Mikael. He's very much alive. He stayed our Alpha until I turned 17. Most Alphas pass the position onto their firstborn between 18 and 21. Dad just wanted to travel. At least that's what he claimed. I think he was out looking for you." Alex smiles at me.

"Well won't he be surprised to learn that I found you guys instead!" I say jokingly, trying to ease some tension. It works. Alex laughs loudly and pulls me into a hug.

Daly growls at Alex for hugging me, and Alex pulls away, growling at Daly in return.

"So, you have a mate?" I ask Alex quickly, needing to break the tension between these two. The thought of Jesse works. Good to know his happy trigger.

"Yes, her names Jesse, she's 18, she's the daughter of the Alpha from the Redwood Pack. They're about 2 states over. We've been together for the last year. She's your Luna." Alex says.

"For now. Only until she marks and then mates with Daly, then she'll be part of my pack and Stella will be her Luna!" Aiden as usual sticks his nose into our conversation.

Alex growls at Aiden this time. Aiden frowns and growls back. Shit. Last thing I need right now is two Alphas fighting for dominance.

"Have you told Mikael or Jesse about me yet?" I ask Alex quickly.