Chapter 32: Getting used to Landon

Mum and dad got dressed in their normal clothes. "Congratulations" one of the nurses said. O m g. It's Helena. Helena has been here every time our family had to go here. Helena winked at me. I smiled. "Mum I'm just going to get some water" I said. I walked out followed by Helena. We went behind a corner. "Hi" I said, Helena smiled and hugged me. "I'm so happy you have a new family and look now you have experienced your first ever brother been born" she said. "I hope I'll see you soon" she said. "You to" I said. "Make sure you don't come back here again unless you want to visit" Helena said winking at me as she went into the elevator. I waved and walked back into the delivery room. Mum and dad are making the hospital bed and all the kids are sitting on the chairs waiting to go home. "Here's a few clothes for Landon" one of the nurses said handing mum a little box with some clothes. "Thank you" mum said. We all walked out to the car. "Oh no" I said. I just realised. "What" mum and dad said as everybody looked at me. "We forgot the car seat" I said. "Oh my gosh we did to" mum said. "It's alright I'll run home and get it" dad said. "Link are you out of your mind that will take you about 30 minutes" mum said. I put lando down and ran. I wasn't running away. I'm running home. "Levi!" Mum yelled. "It's ok I'll think of something" mum said. Nope. There's no excuse for me. I'm running home. Landon needs his car seat. I ran and ran. Through the street through the car park through a bit of a forest through that village and through my neighbour hood until I reached home. I started coughing madly. I grabbed my drink bottle and drank all of it within 10 seconds. I unlocked the door and went into the spare room. I grabbed his car seat. I locked the door and ran. My phone buzzed. Mums ringing me. I'm sweating alot now. "Hello" I said answering my phone. "Levi what are you doing are you ok you didn't have to do this" mum said at once. "Mum it's fine I'm almost there get everyone in the car and drive to the front of the hospital I'll meet you there love you bye" I said then hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. You don't know how hard it is to have a phone call while carrying such a heavy car seat and bare in mind it's 6:00am. I ran through streets and villages and forests until I arrived at the hospital. I tripped at the last minute. I tripped over a stick onto the hospital car park. "I'm ok!" I yelled then ran to the car which is about 500 meters away. I reached the car and fell over on purpose. "Levi oh honey you didn't need to do that" mum said. "No I I h-h-had to d-do it" I said breathing through each word. I looked to see Landon in mums arms. I pointed at him. "Your lucky you have a fast big sister" I said then laughed. I got up off the ground and hopped in the car. Mum strapped Landon in his car seat. Lily and Lincoln stared at me. "What" I said. Mum turned around and her eyes went wide when she saw me. "Oh my goodness Levi" mum said. "What" I said getting a it frustrated. "I think you might wanna take a show when we get home" mum said. I looked on my shoes. They are muddy and my jeans are dirt covered and my shirt has mud and dirt stains on it. I felt something in my hair. I pulled it out. It's a leaf. Lily and Lincoln cracked up laughing. "Lol" Lily said. "Ew" I said. We laughed then drove off. Landon opened his eyes. Lando touched his feet. "Are you tickleish" lando said tickling Landon's feet. I smiled....

We arrived home I opened the door and Lincoln jumped out. Lily and lando and Landon (wow that's hard to say all those L names) hopped out of the car and we all went inside. "I have football" Lincoln said. "Lincoln remember honey it's 6:30am" mum said. "Oh" Lincoln said. "Just wait until it's 9am" mum said. Lincoln and lando jumped onto the couch and turned the tv on. "Even though Landon's a boy wanna dress him up in American doll clothes" Lily said to me. We smiled evily. "Sure" I said. "Oh no" Lincoln said. "What" mum said. "Because of Landon does it mean I have to change his diapers" Lincoln said. "Maybe" mum said. "Noooooooo!" Yelled Lincoln. Lando laughed. Me and Lily went upstairs. "At 9 I'm going to do some baby shopping does anyone wanna come" mum said. Me and Lily stopped walking up the stairs and looked at each other. "Me!" We both yelled. Mum smiled. "Ok well girls be ready by9am please" mum said. "I'll be getting ready" Lily said. "Me to" I said. I went into my room and got ready. As I am brushing my teeth I hear crying and screaming. I walk out of the bathroom still brushing my teeth and see Landon in a rocker thing in the lounge room with mum and Lincoln. "Shh Landon baby it's ok look here's Mr.Monkey" mum said making his monkey toy dance. He just kept crying. I went into the bathroom finished brushing my teeth and walked I to the lounge room. I sat down next to Landon. "It's ok" I said to Landon. He stopped crying. He stopped screaming. I smiled. "What how do you just do that I've tried saying it's ok millions on times" mum said astounded. "I have my ways" I said grabbing my phone and walking upstairs leaving mum puzzled. I sat on my desk chair and went into Instagram to read comments on a picture of Landon I put on my account. Mum walked up the stairs holding Landon in her arms. She walked into my room and placed him down in my arms. "You two really have a bonding" mum said smiling. Mum walked out my door and closed the door. Landon started to cry. I have lots of tricks that I used to do with Alex. "Hold your horses now sleep until the sun goes down through the woods we ran deep into the mountain sound" I sang. It's my favorite song. Mountain sound by monsters and men. Landon smiled. It's the cutest thing. Not just a baby smiling but the feeling you get when you make a baby smile. "I heard you calling in the distance" I sang on...