Chapter 5: My new life

Link continued to drive back to his home. I didn't expect to see the kids and Christy awake because by the time we got there it will be 10pm. I turned on the radio and put in a CD. The son started playing and link looked at me. "I use to love this song when I was a kid when it first came out" he said. "I'm a bit surprised you like old music" he said smiling at me. I laughed and said "no chance am I ever gonna really love it". "This song uses to be my mothers favourite" I said. Link looked at me to make sure I was ok. I just relaxed in the seat and screamed inside me. 20 mins later... we arrived as link drove his car as quiet as he could into the carport. his wife Christy came outside looking relieved. what if they don't like me I thought to myself. Link hopped out of the car. I grabbed my bag and hopped out. Christy looked puzzled as I could see. link walked up to her. "I can explain" he said. "who's your friend" she said... "wow" Christy said as we where sitting at the table. me and link had explained everything. Christy didn't mind at all she was glad to have another daughter. Link went upstairs. Christy leaned over the table and held my hands. "Just to let you know there's 3 boys in this house and they get annoying sometimes" she said smiling. we both laughed. "even tho it's 10:10pm would you like a hot chocolate" she said. "That would be nice thank you" I said. As Christy well mum was making them link came downstairs to me. Link um I mean dad whispered to me. "once you finished your drink meet me at the top of the stairs" dad said. I nodded and dad went up stairs again. "Here come sit on the couch with me and we can watch a bit of tv since its Friday" mum said as she held our drinks and walked over to the lounge room. I sat down and we watched The Ellen Degeneres show. I finished my drink ad put my cup in the sink. "I'll be right back" I said to mum. "sure" she said. I walked up the stairs and met dad at the top. "I'll give you a your of the house now" dad said with a smile..."and last of all your room which used to be the spare room but I just moved a few boxes and stuff into the garage" dad said as he opened the door. It was a nice room. "who am I sharing with" I said. link laughed. "What?" I said looking at dad. "This is your room only" he said. wow I thought. My own room. "Your mother will be going shopping with you to look for a bed and desk and a few other things. Dad went downstairs. All I had in my room was a mattress with a little old dresser which was the size of a bedside table in the corner of my room. I unpacked my clothes into it and put my shoes next to it. Dad came back upstairs and gave me a box to put my presents from my friends and what Helena gave me. I also had a little alarm clock on the floor next to my "bed". I loved my room. I went downstairs to see mum again and all three of us sat on the couch and watched tv for a bit. The only light that was a lamp that is next to the couch. I saw a little figure appear from the stairs. "mummy I can't sleep" the little person said. Then I realised it was Lando. Omg he's even cuter in real life I thought to myself. Mum lifted Lando up and Lando laid on her. Lando stared at me. "who's that" he said. "That's your new big sissy" said mum smiling. Lando waved at me and laid back on mum. "your sooo cute" I said. "thanks" said Lando his eyes fixed to the tv. 11pm. "come on let's all go to bed" mum said as she turned the tv off. She kissed me goodnight and carried sleeping Lando up to his bed. "So how was your first night with your new family" dad said. "It was great dad" I said. I said goodnight and walked up to my room. I closed my window and pulled my blankets back. I snuggled into bed and fell asleep within 7 minutes.