Chapter 20: Parents...

It is Monday morning and the kids are getting ready for school and kindergarten be sides me. I have whole 2 weeks off since it's broken. I wake up to lando shouting to mum from the the bathroom saying "CAN I HAVE A TACO FOR DINNER!?" I cracked up laughing. You probably just think that's cute but have you ever heard him say that. I looked over to my clock. It's 8:30am the kids will be leaving now. Lincoln I thought to my self. I got up and pulled my jeans and slippers on. I walked into his room. He has a nice room. The walls are painted dark blue and the carpet is beige colour. He was sitting on the top of his bed looking out the window. I felt bad for him. No kid well actually NO one should have to go through that. I sat next to him. He looked up to me. "You ok" I said. "Yeah I'm ok I just kinda have moments were I jump off a cliff" he said looking at the ground. I smiled and hugged him. He did the same. "Do you mind if I ask you something?" Lincoln said looking at me. "Nope I don't mind" I said. "You may change your mind but that's ok with me" Lincoln said. "Do you miss your parents?" He said. My smile disappeared. that was not what I was expecting. My heart dropped to the floor. I "oh well yeah I miss them a lot but I'm glad I have you guys" I said hugging Lincoln. I didn't want to cry in front of him. I was fighting back those tears one by one. No crying is gonna win over me. And luckily they didn't. I had to get this off my mind. "Lily Lincoln lando please hop in the car and grab your bags it's time to go" mum shouted from downstairs. Me and Lincoln got up and walked downstairs. "Cya soon" mum said as Lily and lando opened the minivan doors. "Are you a hyptinist" Lincoln said just before he hopped into the van. "I'll tell you when you get home" I said smiling. Now it makes sense. Lincoln asked that because of the "snake incident" at the cliff. Poor Lincoln he probably thinks I am I have to tell him this afternoon. I hope he thinks I'm not. I shook my head. Dad walked over to me laughing a bit. "You ok kiddo" dad said smiling. "Yeah just a few things in my mind I need to let go of" I said. "Ok..." Dad said like I'm crazy. Ok maybe I'm weird and different but that's who you're suppose to be and if you ask me I get it from my dad. Like seriously have you seen the newest GMM. They eat a llama sausage. Now that's what I call crazy. But they had fun doing it so that's all that matters. Wow Levi that was sooo inspirational. I shook my head again and made monster like sounds. Oh wow. I just realised what I'm doing. "I need to sleep" I said to dad as I walked up the stairs and flopped onto my bed and pulled my covers over my face. "When are you filming GMM!" I shouted from my bed. "Already have at 6am it's almost 9am" dad shouted from the kitchen. I fell asleep. So many things spiralling in my brain right now. I need sleep so leave me alone please...

10:30am...

I woke up to our cat sparkles meowing. "What the hell" I said not realising how tall my bed is. I fell off my bed. "Woahhh!" I kinda screamed then landed on my carpet with a thid. I brushed myself off and picked up sparkles. I threw her a couple of metres onto my beanbag. She landed and hissed at me. I hissed back. What did they feed me last night. I wonder if there was something in that chicken. I shook my head again making sure sparkles doesn't claw or scratch me or my hair. She pounced onto me as I was going down the stairs. We rolled down all the stairs having a cat fight at the same time. Meowing and clawing and scratching and yelling. We landed at dad's feet. He looked down at me and sparkles. Sparkles is tail is under my head and her body is above my head. "Ok then" dad said walking over to the table and scrolling through his phone. I stood up. Dad grabbed sparkles and she purred and curled into a ball on dad's lap. I rolled my eyes. I went into the kitchen. What to eat what to-.. "AHHHH!" I screamed. "What" dad said with fright as he hopped up from his chair and came over to me. I pointed out the kitchen window. "Oh my god" dad said quietly. There is a 4 foot alligator outside of our home. "Stay there I'll ring the swap people to pick it up and I'll ring your mother" dad aid picking up his phone. I have a fear of alligators and sharks. Well not so much sharks but alligators is a irrational fear I've always had. Dad got off the phone. "Ok swamp people will be here in 10 minutes so if you wanna stay down here go get dressed or you can stay upstairs. I just went upstairs anyway and pulled on a shirt with my cardigan. I heard a big van pull up. I ran downstairs and looked out the kitchen window. Dad was standing at their van while the three men pulled the big gator up and into the back of the van. They talked for a couple of minutes then took off. "See not so bad eh" dad said smiling. I'm pale. "I still have a fear" I said quietly. Dad went back to his stuff at the table. I ran to my room. I flopped onto my bed. I still just couldn't get my old family out of my head. I tried shaking it and nothing can force it out. I have to think about to let it go. I know that sounds weird but it's true. There's only one thing to force the thought out...