Chapter 23: Sadest moment

I got off the asphalt road and walked over to Rhett. A tear fell down my cheek. "Please tell me Lando's not dead" I said. I grabbed Rhett's phone it's a message from dad:

Link: hi Rhett I have good and bad new good news we will be home at 7 and we are ok bad news lando might not be. When he fell he landed on his face and his head so lando has a hairline skull fracture and when he just landed he fell to his side so lando also has a broken rib. Poor thing. The nurses have given him some needles to ease the pain and he is going to have surgery on his rib now and lando may not make it through the night. I'm really depressed at the moment and please tell Levi this but not Lily or Lincoln just tell them "dad and mum and lando are ok they will be home soon" thank you - Link.

Tear after tear fell down my face as Rhett hugged me. Lily and Lincoln walked to me. "Are they ok?" Lily said. "Yeah mum and dad are ok they will be home soon and Lando's alright he just broke a rib so they are doing surgery but he will be ok" I said. They can tell that's not the end of the story. " Lando might die won't he" Lincoln said. "No he's gonna be ok just keep praying he's gonna be ok" I said. They nodded and walked back inside. "If you need anything let me know" Rhett said giving me another hug then walking inside. I nodded. "Please lando make it please" I said as I looked into the sky...

7:00pm me and all the kids are sitting on the Mclaughlin's lounge watching a movie when Rhett signalled me to come with him privately to the laundry room. I followed. He's crying without making any noise. "Something's wrong" I said staring into Rhett's eyes. He nodded. "Lando has a 8 out of 10 chance of not surviving" Rhett said. I nearly fainted. I started crying. I looked at the lounge room to see if the kids are watching us. No ones there. Empty. Like my heart. "It's ok just keep thinking about that 2 percent that could change his life" Rhett said hugging me and stroking my hair. "L L Landos gone" Lincoln said as a tear rolled off his cheek. "No buddy he's ok" I said between tears. "I'm just upset his hurt but he's ok" I said hugging Lincoln. "Even if he does die you'll still have one brother left to be there for you" Lincoln said to me as I hugged him. I smiled while crying. Lincoln walked up to Locke's room. "I'm going to look through my photos on my phone" I said sitting on their couch as I grabbed my phone. I clicked on photos. Is rolled through. I clicked on my family album. The first picture is all of us the me and lando making silly faces. Then me and lando having a water fight and a video. We were singing do you wanna build a snowman. I couldn't keep it together. I let out the most amount of tears I have since the car accident. Lily and Lincoln and Rhett and Jessie came over and hugged me. My phone buzzed. It's a message from dad.

Dad: Levi I know how your feeling right now and I hope your ok we'll be home soon

I decided to watch tv to take my mind off things. Me and Lily and Lincoln are all sitting on the couch watching tv then the boys come join us. I left my phone on the couch on the message from dad that he sent to Rhett (Rhett sent me the text dad sent to Rhett). I went and got some water then came back. "Ow oh owww" Lily said clutching her heart and lying down on the couch. "Lily are you ok" me Lincoln Locke and Rhett said. "No ow my heart is really hurting owwww" Lily said sweating a bit. "Is she having a a heart attack" said Lincoln in fear. Rhett and Jessie came over to her. "No OW that really hurst" Lily said almost crying. "Quick in the car everyone" Jessie said picking shepherd up and grabbing the car keys. I grabbed Lincoln and we raced out to the car. Rhett helped Lily walked but she couldn't so Rhett carried her to the car. We all got strapped in and sped up the road super fast. "Lily's sweating and it's 7 degrees" Lincoln said worried. "Yeah she'll be ok though" I said. What if Lily's having a heart attack out of shock. Oh no I know the reason. It's all my fault...