Chapter 1: My life

Hi I'm Levi Williams and I'm 12. I love Rhett and Link and Pewdiepie. Oh before I get started on my life and all I just want to say even though I have the most boyish name I'm a girl. Anyway my parents died when this idiot was speeding and hit our car and hit a truck which made the trucks cargo fall on top of our car. It was terrible. The thought just makes me feel sick. It was 3 years ago when I was 9. I had a little brother, Alex, he was 4 at the time and if that idiot didn't speed he would have turned 7 yesterday. The thought always brings a tear to my eye and it always will. When the truck hit us my world faded and the last thing I remembered when I woke up in hospital was my mother screaming. The only relatives I have left are my nana but she has to stay in the retirement home because she has Alzheimer's and losses her memory every day. I got sent to the orphanage and I was only a kid at the time and was confused and scared and cried everyday because I missed my family. The only family I have left with me now is my nana and my best friend...my puppy Emilie. I got her when I was

9 and she is still a puppy and always will be. When the truck hit us it wasn't until 10 mins later when the ambulance and fire trucks and police arrived. I barely remember just now that the ambulance crew got a crane and lifted the cargo off and grabbed Alex and took him away to hospital and all I kept saying was "please let my family be alive and I'm dead". I was the last one to get carried out of the smashed car. I got put on a special bed and rode in the ambulance. They put me and my mother next to me in the ambulance and I remember reaching out and holding her bruised hand and crying. I passed out from a brain injury in the ambulance. When I woke up I was in a gown and had a drip on me and nearly everywhere I looked on me I saw either blood or bruises or scratches. I wish then that none of this happened. I looked over to see that my mother was to the right of me and my father the left both the same but they weren't awake. The nurse came in. "Where's Alex" I said taking off my breathing mask. "Put the mask back on when you run out of breath" the nurse said. The nurse looked up from her clipboard with papers on it and stared at me with a tear in her eye. "Alex is in a coma and may die...I'm sorry" she said as she hugged me. The moment the nurses and doctors came in to see me (there was 2 nurses and 2 doctors) I felt my world had ended. They said "your a real survivor...I'm sorry but your the only one who survived". My mother had had a very severe spinal injury and my father had a brain injury and Alex died of blood loss and injures to complex to fix. I survived with a broken arm and sprained ankle and a bandage on my hand and a patch over my eye. I still have a scar on my arm from when my mother reached over to me when the cargo fell on us and her sharp nails scratched me. I sorry if I have already made you cry. I'll get onto my present life. In the orphanage it wasn't the nicest place but it made me feel lucky they made these types of places. I had a room with two other girls Amanda and Lisa. Amanda was 12 and Lisa was 13. They both loved Rhett and link and Pewdiepie but none of them loved Rhett and link more then me. Lisa loved pewdiepie and Amanda loved IJustine. We talked about them over breakfast lunch and dinner. In my area of the room I had a blue pastel mattress with sheets on it and a blanket and a pillow and a teddy bear that my mother gave me when I was 2. I also had a little dresser that had my 4 shirts and 4 pants in it. I only had two pairs of shoes. Flip flops and running shoes. I didn't mind much I was just glad I did have things to wear. Today was the day that I got my report card from school and then tomorrow starts the school holidays for 2 weeks and we are allowed to go outside of the orphanage to go to the movies or Starbucks or some appropriate entertainment.