Chapter 21

Ashley's POV

I yawned as I lazily swung the screen door open, and walked down the porch steps.

"Yeah," I asked as my eyes were still drooping down.

"I'd really love to take you somewhere."

"Where? You know you can't just leave the campus." I muttered.

He chuckled, not answering my question as he avoided that question.

"Come with me. Me and the boys do this every night of July 31st."

My eyes widened, at the mention of the date. "It's July 31st already?!" I gasped. As I spoke, my voice was smoke. It was always cold out in the middle of the night.

"Yup." He popped the 'p'

"But we're leaving on August the 16th.. Man time goes by fast." I sighed, suddenly feelng down.

"What, you'll miss me, is that now?" He teased, raising an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes, but a blush immediately crepted onto my cheeks. Luckily, it was night. "You wish."

"Oh you have no idea.." He smirked. He takes my hand and walks, leading the way.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." He says exasprated with all my asking.

He takes me to the lake as I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are we doing here? On a cold night like this.." I frowned.

"Here, do you trust me?" He asks.

I pondered. "Coarse I do." I nodded once.

"So then here's the plan. Well ever since two years ago, me and the boys always did this on the 31st of July. Since it's been cold every time of night like this, we have to just run into the lake and stay beneath the surface for fifteen seconds. Once you count up those fifteen seconds, we run out and that's it."

"So you do it to freeze your ass off?" I sum it all up.

He laughed throwing his head back. "Well I guess you could think of it that way." He shrugged then.

"You are crazy, why would I do that if I'm freezing right now?" I laughed, glaring at him as I put my hands on my hips.

"Because it's happening right now." He stated simply.

"No it isn-"

I get interrupted by Harry carrying me by the waist as he put me on his shoulder. My sight was all upside down as I screamed, hitting him over and over again hoping he would stop.

"Holy crap, I swear if you-" I get interrupted by me and Harry being fully engulfed in the cold water.

Before I could rise back up, he pulls me down, signing me for the fifteen seconds. I smiled as we stared at each other under water.

"I will kill you." I mouthed, as he shook his head.

Once the seconds were up, we swam back up to the surface as fast as we could.

"AHHHH.. H-HARRY, I AM F-FREEZING!" I both shout and stutter as you could see the wisps radiating from our bodies.

He was laughing uncontrollably, but he didn't seem to be getting cold. I couldn't hold the enjoyment and laughs in any longer as I joined in on the fits of laughter.

"Are you realling that cold?"

"Yes you idiot!" I rub at my arms as the water dripped from my hair.

"Aww I'm sorry babe. Come ere'." He says as he pulls me into a hug.

I wasn't as cold because now his body was radiating heat.