Chapter VIII: Midnight Mischief

"Corvus" - Talking

'Black' - Thinking

~~Slytherin~~ - Parseltongue

"Avada Kedavra" - Spells/curses

"Dark" - Different Languages

Warning/Disclaimer:

This story may contain violence, coarse language, torture, death, scenes of horror.

And remember I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters!

🙞🙟 Chapter Start 🙝🙜

(September 12th 1991)

The second week of school had been much like the first, with Corvus quickly becoming the teachers favourite student. He was able to charm his teachers with his natural charm along with his vast knowledge of their subjects.

However, not everything was so good. Corvus was disappointed with the Slytherin hierarchy, for over a week and a half Corvus had been sitting in the centre of the Slytherin table whenever they were present in the great hall, and still, they had yet to notice.

While Corvus knew not everyone would understand the importance of the seat, he had hoped Grace's brother would at least notice. If he thinks of himself as a king, he should know when he is being challenged.

Of course, not everyone in Slytherin, or the other houses for that matter, was into house politics. The reason it was present more in the Slytherin house was that the house was filled with purebloods and halfbloods, they were the future of the Wizengamot and needed to not only learn the ins and outs of politics but also of noble houses.

'Perhaps it's time I change tactics.' Corvus mused as he was heading out to their first flying lesson the girls following him closely

"Are you any good on a broom My Lord?" Lucretia questioned looking at him curiously

Lucretia was a huge fan of Quidditch and flying in general, she had been talking about it all day much to Daphne's ire. While Daphne liked flying, she couldn't see the appeal to the sport nearly as much.

"Of Course." Corvus gave her a smile that made her heart flutter "There's a Quidditch pitch at castle Black, perhaps I should invite you over in the summer?"

"I'd like that." Lucretia spoke softly while blushing up a storm

"Good on broom too...  Is there anything you're not good at?" Pansy wondered aloud

"Of course there isn't Pansy.." Tracey started "Corvus is an all in one package, handsome, intelligent, skilled...     I might just have to steal him for myself."

"Tracey..." Daphne hissed icily while glaring at her best friend

"What's the problem Daph? You already have to share him with your sister...    Or is this still because of potions last week?" Tracey wiggled her eyebrows teasingly

"You're cute when you are jealous." Corvus whispered into Daphne's ear causing her to blush and look away, gaining a raised eyebrow from her best friend

Arriving outside they noticed they were the first students there. They all lined up next to the brooms that were placed on the grass ready for lessons.

"I don't think it's safe to ride these brooms." Daphne spoke looking at her broom with a frown "These look ancient, they must be at least a hundred years old."

"What a disappointment." Lucretia sighed clearly disappointed by the quality of the broom "If I'd know they were going to be this bad I would have asked Mother to send my broom."