Chapter XXI: Winter Wiles

"Corvus" - Talking

'Black' - Thinking

~~Slytherin~~ - Parseltongue

"Avada Kedavra" - Spells/curses

'Crucio' - Silent Casting

"Dark" - Different Languages

For anyone wanting updates on my upload schedule please follow me!

Warning/Disclaimer:

This story may contain violence, coarse language, torture, death, scenes of horror.

And remember I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters!

🙞🙟 Chapter Start 🙝🙜

(Hogsmeade Station, January 6th 1992)

It was late in the evening when the Hogwarts Express finally reached its destination. Many students sluggishly exited the train, tired from the long journey. Corvus stepped off the train just behind the girls, stopping still once he was on the platform.

He breathed vapour from his mouth, a testament to how cold it was.

"Is there something a matter Black?" Grace questioned with a mild frown

Corvus gave a small chuckle and shook his head "No." Corvus spoke in his usual soft manner "Just thinking about how interesting this year will be." He added as his lips twitched upwards

"Oh?" Grace raised her brow curiously "Do you have a plan in mind?"

Corvus offered her a smile "Not for the school year, no." Corvus shook his head "The holiday, however, is a different matter entirely."

Grace shivered slightly "And do I get to know what you have planned?" She asked

"You will find out eventually." Corvus smirked 'Just not from my mouth.' he added in his thoughts

"I see." She nodded "We should probably get to the carriages before we have to share with the Gryffindor's."

"I would not worry too much." Corvus smiled "The girls will have procured one for us already."

It was a short walk out of Hogsmeade station where the carriages were lined up. All the carriages were identical, all black with a flat roof and four wheels; the two wheels at the front were slightly smaller. The carriages also had a single door on each side, with a rather large window that was split into four equal sections. This allowed the yellow glow from the lanterns inside to seep outside, and meld with the glow of the two lanterns on the outside; which sat on either side of the seat the coachman would usually sit.

Pulling each carriage was a sinister-looking creature, one that held a resemblance to a winged horse such as the Pegasus.

The winged horse had boney skeletal features with dark grey leathery skin, its face had both reptilian and bird-like features with a beak and two horns that pointed backwards out the top of its skull. As for its wings, they perfectly resembled that of a bat only much larger. Its last feature that stood out was its tail, rather than the hair of a typical horse its tail looked to be a continuation of its spine being nearly long enough to touch the ground.

"My Lord!" Lucretia's voice called drawing to two's attention, she was stood on the outside of a carriage waiting for the two

"My Lord?" Lucretia repeated though this time she sounded mildly confused as Corvus had walked past her and stopped at the front of the carriage to pet the Thestral