Weakness is stronger

Half of the lost boys had betrayed Peter and joined the pirates. The other half were curantly in a battle with the traitors and the pirates. Peter just watched smiling. After a short time Peter's boys took control of the battle and had the others cornered. They were about to finish the boys who had betrayed Peter when one of the lost boys who had stayed loyal to Peter stopped everything.

"Stop!" He yelled as he came rushing infront of the crowd.

His name was Devon. He was soft at heart and hated seeing anyone get killed. With Peter's lust for blood it was a wonder he had stayed alive for so long.

"We dont have to kill them." He pleaded. "We could just ask them to leave us alone."

The boys broke out into an argument over what to do. Peter rolled his eyes and stepped out of the shadows to calm everyone down.

"Everyone shut up!" He ordered. "Bring Devon to me."

"A-are you going to k-kill me?" Devon asked shaking as he was thrown infront of Peter.

Peter pulled out his dagger. "I'll let you guess." He raised it up getting ready to strike. "Never disobeyed the rules of my game." He was just about to finish him when an image of a girl with auburn hair flash through him mind. "Lynn" He whispered.

"What?" Devon asked.

Peter stopped and looked around at everyone before turning back to Devon.  "Never disobeyed me again." Then, without another word, Peter disappeared form everyones sight.

Later back at camp Felix had found him sitting in his tree house.

"Can I come in?" Felix asked.

"Do whatever you want." Peter shrugged. "I couldn't care less."

"Pan, the boys and I are worried about you." Felix said as he came in. "You haven't been yourself lately."

"Of course I have." Peter became defensive.

"You have to get rid of this weakness of yours before it destroys us all." Felix told him sternly.

"What weakness?" Peter asked. "I am the strongest one here."

"Its been three years now since you left Lynn." Felix reminded him. Felix was the only lost boy who knew anything about Peters past.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked.

"Love is a weakness Pan." Felix looked at him. "And it's pretty obvious that you still love Lynn."

Peter looked at him in shock. He became angry and stood up. "Get out!" Peter pointed towards his door. "Go!"
Felix looked at him, shrugged, and left.

Peter sat down again defeated. Felix was right. He still loved Lynn. But Peter would not admit it to himself. He refused to even think about it. Instead he got busy planning the next attack on Captain Hook.

Lynn had grown up a lot in the past three years. She had gotten a job, decided not to go to college so she could take care of Rocky, she even found a new boyfriend. She was slowly working on finding a new life. She still lived with her grandmother and her mother though. They all agreed that they needed eachother. Lynn had soon found herself in the middle of a wonderful life. At times she even almost forgot about Robbie.

One day after work she was walking home because her car was in the shop. She saw a donut store as she was walking and decided to take a detour to grab her family some donuts. They would be more than thrilled.

After her stop she finished her walk home with the donuts in hand.

Once she got home she saw everyone sitting at the dinner table.

"You ready for dinner Lynn?" Her mother asked. "It's baked potatoes, Rockys favorite."

"Sit next to me mommy!" Squealed a very happy Rocky. She was now five and could talk very well. She could also walk easily. Lynn couldn't believe how much Rocky had grown.

"How are you doing today Lynn?" Her grandmother asked as Lynn took her seat.

"Great!" She smiled. "I brought dessert!" She held up the bag and Rocky tried to grab it. "After dinner." She told her daughter.

"Is Alan coming by tonight?" Her mother asked about Lynn's boyfriend.

"Yes he is going to stop by a little later." Lynn said pressing her lips together in a smile.

"Aww" Her mom teased her.

"Oh come on mom, it's not like we are going to do anything." Lynn rolled her eyes slightly embarrassed.

"I still prefer Robbie." Her grandmother said.

The room fell compleatly silent as everybody turned to look at her. They never talked about him. Not after what he did to Lynn. Mentioning his name was like saying a curse word in their house.

"Mom!" Lynn's mother cried in shock.

Lynn froze in place for a few moments. She was unsure how to handle the situation. The past three years she had desperately wanted to talk about him with the others. She wanted to get certain things off of her chest. She wanted to know what everyone thought of the situation. But dare she bring it up? This was her weakness right here. The thought of him somehow made her feel vulnerable. But never would she tell anyone. This was her secret.

"I'm just saying I think he was better. Definitely more of a gentleman and we all know that Lynn loved him more." Grandmother continued.

At that Lynn had enough. She had to end this conversation before she started crying.

"I never will have the same connection with someone else as I did with him." Lynn starts. "But-" before she could finish tears started to form.

"Oh honey." Her mother said as she rushed to comfort her.

"I'm fine." Lynn insisted as she pulled herself together. "It was a moment of weakness nothing more."

Just then the doorbell rang. Lynn got up to answer it and behind the door she found Alan.

"Hi!" She smiled brightly when she saw him. He kissed her before he came in but all she could think of was Robbie.

'He left you' she told herself. 'You were never good enough for him.'

She grabbed Alan's hand and led him into the kitchen to see everyone.

Alan didn't stay to long. Just long enough for some donuts. Then he left and promised to be back the next day.

After everyone cleaned up Lynn was taking Rocky up to bed.

"I miss daddy." Rocky said as she was climbing into her bed. Lynn was a little shocked that Rocky remembered him.

"I know..." She sighed. "Me too." Lynn kissed her daughters forehead and turned off the light. "Sweet dreams little one."

_________________________________________
Read, comment, share, vote ❤