Reunited

I've been lacking with writing but I still have a couple more ready before I need to write more. Enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

I clench the small bag of items I have close to my chest. It feels like the world gained weather and just makes it windy. I begin to shiver and pull up my hood from my orange jacket over my head. I feel my gun tap against my leg from its holster as I walk.

These trees shake back and forth and often look like they'll break before snapping to the other direction. I notice an arrow stuck in a tree. From the looks of the mark it seems that this happened weeks ago. Must've been from when we were chased. I wish Midnight would've came back.

After a few minutes I find some old footprints ingrained into the dirt. They follow a path that is barren of grass and life. I follow along and find a log in my way. I climb over it and when I look to the path I see an oddly familiar shape in the forest. I tug on the hood to try to cover my face more.

The figure stares at me as I walk pass. All I can seem to hear is my gun patting my leg and my theoretical heartbeat thumping loudly in my ear. I hear a swoosh and stop suddenly as I watch a knife fly past my face and into a tree. I take a quick glance at the shadow, seemingly staring at me, and I quicken my pace.

My feet thumping against the dirt as I go from a walk to a run. The wind makes bushes shake, but I swear the figure is following me. I want to look but I shouldn't. I take a breath and leap over a few tree roots and some rocks that alter the terrain when I find something to duck into.

I take a sudden turn to my left behind a tree, my foot pivoting against the dirt path. I hold my body against the tree and find myself turning invisible. I stay still and dead silent as a body passes the tree I'm holding on to. They look in my direction, having their clothes pitch black and their hair a dark saturated green. They twirl a knife with their fingers.

I scoot myself along the tree as quietly as possible. The figure walks closer to me. I can feel his body almost rubbing against mine. He takes out his hand and rests it against the tree right next to my arm. He mutter to himself before stabbing the tree with his knife. He grabs the knife and walks off.

I let out a sigh of relief and walk over to the path. It won't be long until I run into him again. After I look around to make sure the coast is clear a run for it. I know that Midnight and I ran all over the place for a long time but hopefully it doesn't take me all day to get to Schneep's place.

***Tiring Time Skip***

I get there late, or what I think is late. I find the door unlocked. I walk in and close the door quietly. The lights are off. I pull down my hood and place my bag on the floor next to the door. I find myself to be in his living room, with a TV to my left, a coffee table in front of the couch. On the other side of the room is some bookshelves and a desk.

I walk slowly and silently into the other room. Which is seemingly an unused kitchen. No surprises, Schneep isn't one to eat food. I explore some more until I find a light to be on. I peak through the doorway and find Schneep sitting in a chair, distracted with what looks like a giant messy pile of papers. I can hear him muttering things to himself.

I take a step in the doorway. He doesn't notice me yet. Good. I sneak up beside him and look at the papers for as long as I can. He notices me there and karate chops me in the stomach and slides the papers into a drawer. I clench my stomach in pain and try to run off but he grabs my hood and jerks me back.

"What are you doi- Sawyer! Oh I'm so sorry!" He yells before rambling out 50 apologies and hugging me. I tense up at his hold of me. I was not expecting that from him. He eventually lets go and looks at me.

"Everyone was worried about you kiddo, where did you even go?" He questions me. I shrug my shoulders but give him a confused look, usually nobody would worry about me being gone.

"Kiddo this is serious! Anti needed you today and no one knew where you were," he explains to me. I look down a bit upset about him.

"Dad only wants to use me Schneep, isn't it obvious?" I tell him dumbfoundedly. He seems mad at me. He stands up in an attempt to intimidate me.

"Sawyer, you don't understand, your presence was requested but no one could find you, so the event was postponed to tomorrow," he informs me.

"Who would want my presence?" I question him, I'm pretty sure nobody would want me around at this point.

"Sawyer-! You know what, follow me. I'll take you to a spare room you can stay in for tonight." He ignores any look I make at him as he walks past me and out the door. I follow close behind, questioning his word.

"What event?" I ask him after a short moment of silence. He looks at me intriguing. He turns back around and avoids my looks.

"You and Anti were going to a meeting today, but your lack of informing others made it difficult to do it. Let's not worry about it now okay?" He asks me and opens a door to a room that is barren with only a bed and a little night stand next to it. I walk in and sit on the bed. He walks in too and stares at me expectantly.

"It'd be best if you got some rest. Tomorrow is a big day for both of us," Schneep recommends to me. I shake my head and set my bag against the bed and curl up under the blankets and take a much needed rest.