Le Prologue

Hello! This is a companion book to my book The Upside-Down Life Of Zora. Only this one is in the perspective of Sawyer so there will be more JackSepticEye egos and some repeated events from the companion book. Yes this book comes out later than the first but I got the idea for this book later than the other book. So... time for the prologue.

"It all started years ago. A woman from the human world found herself within the realm of egos, or most known as the Upside-Down. She was the most beautiful human any ego had seen before. Sadly for her, she ended up on the wrong side of the world.

The world of pure destruction.

"The psychopathic ruler was one of the first to lay his eyes on her. He wanted to be hers for the longest time, until he managed to have someone catch her for him.

"In time, the woman learned to love the man. They couldn't ever be too far apart. They were inseparable.

Until one day, the woman did the most unforgivable thing. The ruler, furious with her actions, banished her to another part of the world, where she lies to regret all of her mistakes. To this day no one knows where she lays but there have been many assuming to have spotted her. The end," Marvin says and closes the book tight. I pout in my bed and watch him place it on the nightstand.

"That was a terrible ending! Give me something better!" I yell at the verge of a temper tantrum. He rolls his eyes and grabs the book. He pulls out his magic pen and scribbles on the book.

"Okay here's a better ending. *ahem* 'to this day, she has been found by one of the ruler's brothers and was murder and sent to the darkest pits of 'heck'. The End. Is that better Sawyer?" He asks me. I nod and snuggle up in my blankets made for my age of 11 years old.

"Okay you better get to bed now, Anti might come after you if you don't," Marvin warns.

"I'm not scared of Dad. I've seen him do it all. I'm scared of nothing," I yell back proudly.

"Everyone is scared of at least something. Even your father has fears," he answers back to me.

"Like what?" I ask. Marvin disappears before answering, leaving me in my room all by myself in the dark.

I lay awake in my bed for hours just waiting for Dad to come. Its always nice to see him even if he is in a bad mood. Just watching him fills me with determination.

Finally, at about midnight, I hear him knock on the door before opening it. First thing I see of him is his hand and he wraps his hand around the short side of the door as he pushes it open and some light creeps in. He pushes it open more to reveal half of his body invaded in shadows. His shadow along the floor, blocking some of the light.

He pushes the door wide open, revealing his entire body still in shadows. I notice a knife in one of his hands. He lifts up the knife and throws it like a dart into my dart board right above me. It hits the bullseye and clatters along other knives.

He snaps his fingers and the lights turn on. I sit up in my bed and he walks over to me.

"Ready for some training Sawyer? This time we're working on your gun skills," Dad asks excitedly.

"Again..?! I wanted to play with knives!" I yell. He smiles at me, yet obviously annoyed, and tosses a gun at me.

"It's nice to see you wanting to learn the knives but a gun is better than a knife," he comments. I just look at him like he's crazy. 

"If a gun is better, then why use knives?" I question. He laughs and pulls out a gun. Ingrained on the side is my name, Sawyer. The gun is a slick black and silver color. One of the nicest looking guns I've seen. 

"I had a friend make this for you. I want you to have the best of the best, and nothing is better than a ranged weapon," Dad says as he hands it to me. I grab it from him and rub my name on the gun with my thumb. I look up at him and see he's holding a gun with his name ingrained on it. His is not as nice as mine but its still good. 

"Now come on. We're wasting precious training time," Dad explains. He grabs my arm and almost drags me out of my room and to the training room. Here we go again...

***Five Years Later***

"There has been a change in power. Seems like he's doing something over there..." I mutter to myself as I look out my window towards the direction of his half of the world. I twirl my gun around my finger and examine the outside world. 

It's so dark and barren out there. Father's chaos has destroyed our world. The only ones that are outside anymore are those possessed by some force. 

I twirl my gun and point it towards the window. I move it around like its a scope of sorts looking for something interesting. I finally find a JackSepticEye ego running through the streets at ninja speeds. 

"Target acquired," I whisper to myself again. I aim it at him and countdown in the head. When I reach zero I 'fire' my gun at him and make explosion sounds with my mouth. 

"Got 'em!" I whisper yell. I watch as he keeps running through the streets," this is sooo boring. I really need to find something new." I walk away from my window and toss my gun onto my bed. I look back out the window as a bolt of lightning drops down somewhere far away. I jump and run to the window. 

"What was that?"