Since When

Happy Thursday! Here's a new chappy. Enjoy!!

Sawyer's POV

Midnight jumps up, dropping her sword, with her arms out expecting a hug. The man seems uncomfortable by her gesture. I awkwardly push myself up with the wall and point my gun at him.

"Sawyer calm down, he's not going to kill you kiddo," Midnight says as an attempt to calm me down.

"How would I know that? You act like he's your long lost best friend or something and I don't even know his name-!"

"The name's Chase. You can put down the gun, my weapons will do nothing compared to that one," Chase requests of me. I nod speechlessly and put it away. He smiles as the lights in the room turn on. We both look at Midnight as we find her standing next to the light switch. I look at Chase and notice that he's wearing a dark grey shirt, black sweatpants, and a grey and red hat that covers his hair.

"Okay, now that you both ran into my building, without permission, would you care to tell me why you did so?" Chase asks us. I totally forgot why, but thank goodness Midnight didn't.

"My friend, Sawyer, was hoping to join his father in the overworld but he doesn't have his own human alter ego, would you be able to get him one?" Midnight asks him. Chase just looks at us in confusion before nodding and walking away.

"I'm not the best with doing that, but I believe it is possible. There is only one problem," he mentions, shuffling through a few books in this room. He finally takes hold of one and flies through the pages.

"What is the issue?" I ask him. He stops at a page to show us.

"'The father would need to have a child in the real world.' How would we do that?" I question him. Midnight seems to get the memo and backs off.

"Isn't it obvious Sawyer? We can't because your father's human ego isn't married!" Midnight says, acting like I am a two year old. Which I'm not. Chase looks at us both in confusion.

"So you're Sawyer, and you are...?"

"My name is Midnight," she says triumphantly for some reason. Chase looks more confused.

"What, are you some kind of DJ?" He asks. Midnight shakes her head in disappointment.

"No, I'm just an average teenage vampire that will kick your-"

"Midnight I think that's enough coming from you," I say as I cover her mouth to shush her. Thankfully she doesn't bite me and just looks straight up annoyed.

"Well, we have two ways to get you a human ego Sawyer. One is making your parents' human egos to have you, but then you couldn't even control them until they have full awareness of themselves. Or we could do something so ridiculous that no one has ever tried," Chase explains, leaving the second thing kind of vague.

"Well his father is trying to leave this world now so your plan a isn't the thing we need. Give us the plan b," Midnight commands him. He seems surprised and concerned.

"No. It's too dangerous to do. Heck it could even kill the kid! What are you insane?!" Chase questions, basically yelling at her. Her face turns red in anger and she looks like she wants to kill him.

"Midnight, calm down. It's okay, I don't need a human ego. I'll just be stuck here without a father to call my own," I say sadly, trying to guilt trip Chase. It seems to work as he looks at me sadly.

"If you need a new father, I've had my own kids, I could replace your father," he offers. I'm personally shocked by that response. There aren't many egos who have had kids, but Chase is different. Why?

"It's fine, my father is still around, but he might just kill me when I get home," I brush off his offer, turning and walking to the door. Midnight walks up to me.

"Sawyer what are you doing? You're blowing your chance at a human ego!" She whisper yells in my ear.

"Ever heard of guilt tripping?" I whisper back, quietly enough that Chase can't hear it. She nods, still confused, but backs off.

"If you need some time away from your father, you're welcome to stay here a for a bit kiddo," Chase offers me another deal. I look over my shoulder with the look of curiosity reflected from my eyes.

"Really? You're willing to let a lonely vulnerable child, that you don't know, into your home?" I ask in pure questioning. He nods and holds out his hand.

"I'm willing to take my chances," he affirms. I turn around and shake his hand. We both nod in agreement and stare at each other until I hear Midnight loudly tapping the floor with her foot.

"What about me?" She asks. Chase nods and walks towards her.

"You're welcome to join us. Unless you have people to go back to," he offers to her. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Sure," she says bluntly. Chase offers his hand but she walks past him and further into the building. He gives intriguing glances in her direction.

"What's up with her?" He questions. I shrug my shoulders and we walk deep into the building that Chase calls home.

***Long Awaited Time Skip***

Chase made us some breakfast. He places our plates on the table in front of us. There isn't much here. The dining room contains the table, chairs of decent ish quality, and some pictures of blurred faces. The wall is a pale blue and the floor is a pale yellow color.

I grab a fork and slowly begin to eat. Chase sits across from me and eats his in a quickened pace. Midnight gives us awkward stares and drinks her orange juice instead of eating. As Chase gets out of his seat, his plate empty, he notices mine, barely half eaten, and Midnight's plate not even touched.

"What? Are you guys not food eaters?" He questions it, but shrugs it off," I'll clean up. Would you like more juice Midnight?" She nods and he takes her cup. As he walks off, I see him glance at me for a second, curious to if he knows who I really am.