Chapter 20- Lost Companion?

Ian's POV

I wake up at the... Well, I dont exactly know the time yet.

I check my watch.

"5:33?" I said to myself.

Why can't I go back to sleep?

Well, the Souls must be gone now, I should just get some coffee.

I walk to the kitchen/diner room. Inside, I saw someone sitting on the table with a coffee by their side.

Catherine?

She looked like she was buzy in thought, her eyes were looked like it was looking through a void, an endless void.

"Hey Cath? You okay?" I ask.

.... No response.

I walk to her, shaking her.

"Cath, Cath, Caaaath."

I kept shaking her.

She moved.

"Huh! What? What?" She was in shock.

"What were you doing?" I ask.

"I.... Actually, I dont know. I was..." She paused, trying to figure out what she was doing earlier.

".... I was... Talking to Evelyna." She knows Evelyna too?

"So you know Evelyna?"

"What did I say earlier?"

"Whatever. So, about what you guys were talking about?" I asked. She smirked.

"Hold my hand." She held out her hand, waiting for me to say 'Yes'.

"Uhh, Okay?" I held her hand and felt my body shift. I opened my eyes to see a wide field with a small house by the corner with a tree on its side.

"Wow." I said. The place was beautiful.

"Sooo, yeah. This is my place." She said smiling.

"It's nice..." I smiled at her.

"Lets go to the house!" She held my hand and ran to the house.

This feels great. To once again hang out with her... It feels like the time we ran- actually, skipped outside to the table.

She opened the door of the small house, to reveal a huge room, almost like as big as a mansion. How is that possible?

"Magic is great isn't it?" She smiled, I stood with an open mouth.

"Hey close that mouth Ian, it'll catch a fly!" She joked, I rolled my eyes.

"...Or more." She leaned in for a kiss.

But it was interrupted by a voice from behind.

"Ian! Glad to see you've come!" A woman's figure was behind, she had wavy blonde hair and a white dress.

"Yeah..I- I brought him here Evelyna! Ahahaha..." Catherine said nervously, going to the place she stood before.

Did she really just try to kiss me?

"Well, well, well, Ian. How does it feel to see someone who was mentally talking to you?" The woman asked. Oh yeah, Catherine said shes Evelyn.

"I dont know?" I said, chuckling slightly.

"Mmhmm. So! Catherine mentioned something about a challenge?" Evelyna asked.

"Yeah, but... How could she get all of us here?" I ask